Boring Football

• Thread starter Thread starter chrsmr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

chrsmr

Reaction score
I am still in the first season, and has done quite well is in 4 of 16 when the board wanted middle-table. However the fans are "complaining" about "the football who is being played is not fun to watch" (or something like that, play the game in norwegian so i don't know what it says in the english version), so my question is really; What can I do to make the matches more fun?
Tactics are currently Free flow-Possesion 4-4-2 with offensive wingers, and standard passing, high creativity, (could be the same just with 4-4-1-1 and not so offensive wingers) and high tempo and wide play since thats how the club plays in real life (and it's says so in the editor aswell)
If it matters I'm currently Stabæk (2. division in Norway)

so far this season we have scored, maybe 1.5 goal per match, and conceeded a little bit under 1 per game probably like 0.9-ish

To be honest, if you're doing well does it really matter? You aren't going to get sacked solely because of it, and why risk messing up a good tactic? :)

Mekitozito - the tempo is already as high as my players can handle without losing the ball because they're not good enough

Scotty98TR - Of course I don't need to change it, but I am a hardcore fan of this club IRL, and "we" have always been playing fun-to-watch football, but ofcourse I won't delete the current tactic, but maybe add a few tweaks.

So of someone has ideas for tweaks; please don't hesitate to suggest

Last edited:
You could try and play an even shorter passing style. Fans like intricate football, but you should be fine if the results go well.

Giving your team more creative freedom, having a more attacking strategy and having more players with attacking roles will all help :)

I give my players more creative freedom, and use short passing with a quick tempo. I have instructed my defenders to rarely run with the ball and keep it simple, but apart from them, everyone else is allowed to run from their position and sometimes run with the ball. Its really enjoyable to watch a lot of good passes in the opposition half, without rushing it, until a good chance is created. It's working well for me.

Back