Borrusia Dortmund

• Thread starter Thread starter Dharrison
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Dharrison

Reaction score
Thinking of starting a save with Borrussia Dortmund Which I never do as I hardly ever venture outside the English premiership! But asking if anyone as had any experience with them and can give me some tips

thanks

For everything you have dear, hold on to the following players: Aubameyang, Reus, Hummels, Gündogan and Kagawa. When I had a save, these were the absolute key players. A solid formation would be the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-3-3, either way you should play Reus as striker, and Aubameyang on the right wing, then maybe try to bring in a young left winger, or see if there's something useful in your current squad :)
This is what I did when I managed them, in the beginning of FM15

Hummels captain key player
Gundogan VC important player
Reus awesome player

these 3 are your key players

Subotic is a very good CB along with the Greek Papastathapoulos and you have a great upcoming CB in Ginter. Give him a run in easy games and let him develop. Do the same with the young RB Passlack..

There are 2 very decent LB's in the team.. Schmelzer and the other one I forgot name...

Kagawa is also very good, but you can replace him in sometime..

look at bringing Gabriel Barbosa asap if you can..
add in a solid new RB- Mario Fernandes would be my choice..
Aubameyang as F9 or right IF is a very good player...

Grosskreutz is very versatile, and that imo is his failure! in the sense that you can't identify a correct position for him... though he would be my first choice as a sub as he covers just about every wide position and can play certain central positions also.

the first position you might look to strengthen is the GK department... coz if you are looking to dethrone Bayern and compete in Europe, Weidenfeller ain't the best... Timo Horn has a low release clause and turns out to be great.. Jeronimo Rulli is awesome and can be a perfect choice from the go..

Lucas Romero or Gaston Gil Romero are good options you can consider to add to the midfield...

* I just recalled the Dortmund team and players from my memory amd might be wrong with some or their spellings... also, I guess there's a very good striker in their ranks.. immobile?

Also, I'd look to sell Sahin, and if the deal is right, even Subotic!
maybe look at Niklas Sule and Jonathan Tah as young players... and Niklas Stark as well...

Hope and pray that Reus doesn't have Daniel Sturridge syndrome in your save as he did with mine, had ****** glass ankles for years, never completed more than 6 games in a row and every time a game ended and he didn't get injured I just hope he didn't tear a hamstring in the gym like he always does.

Regardless Dortmund is a fun save.

Back