Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
German football is about possession. But unlike Spanish football, in Germany the most popular tactic is 4-2-3-1. Or, actually, a mix of 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-3-1 Deep. They are all about fluidity while remaining disciplined as German people are famous for. It's about precision. It's about making your team play as naturally as possible on the pitch, each player in their natural role and position and duty. Striker should score, winger on the right should cross, and winger on the left should cut inside. As most players are right footed, that's very natural. The player in AMC position is usally the creative one, often physically weak, the player in DM position is a tough robust player that is not afraid to tackle, and the player in MC position is a box to box player, connecting defense and offense, the link between ball wining DM and creative AMC. It doesn't come more natural than that, and that is why it is so successfull.

Jupp "Osram" Heynckess copied Dortmund style to some degree, and won everything he could, but his players were far better than Dortmund has at it's disposal. In case of Dortmund acquiring such good players in the future, I can predict Dortmund wining just about everything.

I take pride in making flawless tactics, and always work to see if I did something wrong, and I keep improving my skills, so this is definately not the last tactic or the change I make. I haven't touched player instructions, as it is my beleif at the moment they do not need any. They should only be used if you want the player to do something "unnatural" to him, and that is not the case here. I also haven't changed any set pieces, and while they are good as it is, they could probably use some work if you want to target a specific opponent weakness. In my expereince, that usually works good against some, and works very bad against other teams.

Also, I wont play the whole season to prove a point, as players that tactic is based upon do get injured or banned or tired, so it is really not a measure of how good the tactic is.

So, long story short, we are bent on pressing. Pressing is played by playing it narrow and pushing high up. The defensive line isn't ridicoulously high because we use a player in DM postion and he also needs some space. That way, our players are always close enough to opposition to close them down soon or at least interfere with their passing. Playing it narrow means we will stay close to each other, so we play a short passing game. That works well since we use a player in AMC position, which would be bypassed by balls if we used a direct style. Since we are good at pressing, that means we will have most of the ball and play in opposition half, so there really isn't much room to play through defence, so we run to defence instead and work ball into box.
Tempo is set to very high which is why it seems we are playing a counterattacking game.

Last edited:
i would love if you could do a simple 4-4-2 tactic for the LLM skrill leagues =)

Another red, another loss, tactic really isn't as good as you made out lmao

tried with a different team, more suited, Roma, LB still constantly getting sent off & results very inconsistent, Can win 4-0 away then lose 1-0 at home to a bottom team

tried with a different team, more suited, Roma, LB still constantly getting sent off & results very inconsistent, Can win 4-0 away then lose 1-0 at home to a bottom team

Try downloading the tactic again and play with dortmund

Whats the point in this tactic if you have never tested it?

I can tell from looking at the team instructions that the tactic will be very inconsistent.
For example, you go with a very fluid mentality but also instruct your players to stick to positions and be more expressive, I can't see what you would be trying to achieve with this. The same for how you instruct your team to play more narrow but also ask them to exploit the flanks, this causes your central player to stick to the centre but will cause your wingers to leave too much space.

Also might as well add that this tactic in no way replicates how dortmund play in real life, they are very organised, play very rigid and direct. They aim to win the ball very high up the pitch and quickly counter by pressing the ball, resulting in little space for the opposition to play in.

If I were you I would start again for scratch and switch to rigid or very rigid. Go with a high defence line, direct passing, much higher tempo, drill crosses, retain possession, be more disciplined. Defensive mentality. That is if you want to replicate the way dortmund play.