Boss Allardyce leaves Newcastle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle part company with manager Sam Allardyce after just eight months.

More...

Well ****** ****.

Bad move imo, I hope this gives more instability if that was ever possible. Fans moan about the style of football they've played-wtf. How did he get Bolton successful? By using a strong, organised team who knew how to defend. So for one, Toon fans expecting glamourous football from him are idiots. And its been true for alot of the season that the team couldn't even defend, but his success at Bolton wasn't instant. If he was given another 18 months Im pretty sure he could have got a team full of players he wanted and they would be back in Europe. I think Fergie was right when he said ever since they beat us 5-0 10 years ago everyone expects them to win like that. Now they have to search for yet another manager when there are no outstanding candidates, and its a job that not many would want. People talk about Shearer but he probably wouldn't want it and doesn't have the qualifications. He should have been used as a coach under Allardyce. I can only think of Martin Jol but after getting screwed by the Spurs board I doubt he'd want a similar thing with Newcastle.

p.s. I bet whoever the caretaker is fudges a point at OT on Saturday. I hope not, obv. I hope we tear them to shreds.

edit---- what a rant :D

yeah what a silly move - im so happy :)

he was at bolton 8 years and only got 8 months at newc, they are so stupid. id have him at boro in a flash. you gotta have patience with him and let him build his team, he can only work with what he has got

its big nige pearson in for the match against united - i hope utd get double figures past the stupid geordie *****!

sigh sigh sigh. I'm actually pretty ****** off about this i mean the guy needs time, was it just me or was he doing a fantastic job considering Roeder and Souness? i mean 11th is decent after 22 games with a team who were like 13th-14th ish last year.

Surly Newcastle fans need to have some patience i mean ok you were a great side 10 years ago but not now and wont be if you keep going down that path

the evidence is there Wenger and Fergie have proved that a gaffer needs time

old harry is the fav, good on Shearer saying he isnt interested he obviously doesnt feel he is ready and i know he is doing his coaching training

I think they are higher this season than they were this time last season?

Ah well, Allardyce is a good manager, Newcastle don't deserve. Hope they do get Shearer on his bill, see how he copes

Terrible, they should have given him the rest of the season at least. I'm sure by the end of the season they will have started to gel and get some good results.

I reckon it's gonna be Steve McClaren for the toon job :D

Steve McClaren would probably make Newcastle worse than they actually are right now, or could they get any worse?

Well he did at least win a cup with M'Boro...so if he could do that then Newc fans would fuzz!

would be nice to see bobby robson with shearer at the side of him...
doubt it though....
mclaren could be favourite but i doubt many newc fans would want him

would be nice to see bobby robson with shearer at the side of him...
doubt it though....
mclaren could be favourite but i doubt many newc fans would want him

Robson's on his last legs, isn't he?

NE News reckons Keegan with Shearer....Geordies would wet.

Keegan = Average Manager. And if Shearer can manage as good as he can analyze then Newcastle are going down.

TBF, Keegan is quite a good manager, and Geordies love him for obvious reasons.

Yea Keegan was a class act proved it at toon and at man city. Pitty it didnt work out at England....NOT :p

keegan with shearer would be great but i cant see it happening :( Ant and Dec are only 500-1 on skybet :P:D

some newcastle fan said if steve mcclaren became manager then he would become a sunderland supporter. when john beresford ws being intervied on the ***** that is setanta sports news he was saying that if he was offered the job he would take it. John Beresford with Warren Barton as assistant what a combination. The geordie boys need to realise they aint a big club and they need to get stability finishing comfortably in mid table before chasing the cups they are never going to win.

Everyone is forgetting the obvious choice - Paul Gascoigne :P

Back