Boss, I think I've found you a Genius! (Player Career)

BrutalZ

Reaction score
Hopefully you would have headed the 'warning' that this isn't a managing story like most, but the following of a player's career. The player is equipped to be a world-beater so expect him to develop into a good player, or turn into a brilliant flop. I think it would be interesting to see where his career goes from here, wouldn't you? So... Just enjoy I guess.

6th of July 2010

My name is Stephen Cosmo Baxter, and yes as you may have guessed, my friends call me Cosmo. My father told me to keep this Diary so that if I make it, as a footballer, we can publish it as a book. So I am going to put a considerable amount of effort in it. I was born in Blackheath, London in 1994. Not the brightest of students but I was a sensible youth and like many others I was crazy about football. I was so keen on it, my father had to take me to the nearby stadium every week-end and we even went to a few Champions League matches. Arsenal vs Barcelona Champions League Final? I was there... I started playing football locally at about five and have been developing ever since. I believe that I can make it because, and I quote from a song: 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will...etc. You may be familiar with the rest. On a more serious note, I have moved up to Charlton's U18s after proving myself in the academy. This is brilliant news and it has come 2 days after my first birthday which is good. I am 16 now, still under youth contract, but hoping to get something finalised soon...

29c59xz.png

12th of July

I'm not particularly happy at the moment. Phil Parkinson was offering me a very low amount of money for appearances in the first team which I felt should justify a lot more. He offered £35 everytime I played for the first team and a salary of £140 when I had played 10 games. Even though I am only 16 I feel that it he wants to pick me for the first team, he feels I am good enough to play on that level, and everyone else in the first team is getting a lot more than what he has offered me... I rejected the contract, but I am not going anywhere just yet. I am staying at Charlton to get a good start on my career and increase my reputation if possible...

30th of July

We've had a brilliant pre-season so far, and I have been delighted to join in with the first team pre-season. I feel fitter and I learn a lot everyday. It is definitely helping towards furthering my potential and ability.
30s8421.png

(17/7/10) Our first pre-season game was at home against Manchester United's Reserves and U18s with the inclusion of Ryan Giggs and Darren Fletcher. It was breath-taking to be able to play against these Premiership regulars and they really showed their experience in the game by dominating the midfield. It was special to be able to stand on the same pitch as Ryan Giggs, knowing what he has achieved and done in a red shirt. His skill on the ball and deft passing ability was inspiring to me and a lot of the other lads. Amazingly I was asked to start this game along with the other members of the first team, so there was a lot of pressure on me as an individual. i feel I played really well. We had limited chances but I had two good enough chances to finish the match with two goals. I couldn't get the Hat-Trick but nevertheless, I feel I performed well and worked well with the first team. Fletcher scored Man Utd only goal, so we won 2-1.

(21/7/10) The next match was away against Havant & Waterlooville, but I didn't make the team for that match as I told the boss that I was too tired to play. He agreed since he was happy with my man of the match performance against Man Utd's lesser team. We still won the match 3-2. Tamer Tuna, who had been helping me settle in at the club, scored and Akpo Sodje finished two from short range to deny the opponents a win.

(24/7/10) Unfortunately I was not picked for our next match away against Welling where the manager gave chances to other youngsters as substitutes and his first team accomplished a convincing 3-0 win in which Benson, Anyisah and Jackson netted for us. I wanted to be a part of it but I understand that I must wait for my chances and take them as they come as that is all I can do right now.

(27/1/10) I was picked for the next home game, against Middlesbrough who are in the league above us currently. This gave us a good opportunity to measure up to them and see how we stood in time for the League One season. I started on the pitch again and was delighted to score in a hard-fought contest. We also kept a clean sheet, which was good. I hope the manager was noticing my efforts. 3 goals in 2 games so far...

(29/7/10) I was selected as a starter against the recently promoted Norwich in a match away from home. My first away game, but I was determined to take this chance to show my consistency and prove I could make it, at least as a sub for the first team. My teammates said I played a fantastic game. I scored a Hat-Trick and was involved in the build-up to Akpo Sodje's goal which gave us a 4-1 win. I was extremely pleased with how well my game developed and everything wwent right for me on the day.

Our next match is against Aston Villa, but it is likely they will use more First Team players to increase their fitness levels and team 'togertherness' after signing Hugo Rodallega from Wigan. It was a match at home, and not surprisingly, I have been selected as a starter again, with another chance to show my ability before the season began...

6th of August

The U18 league season starts in a week and I am feeling fresh and fit. I feel that I benefited from an active pre-season which was rounded off by a slightly disappointing loss at Aston Villa. We lost 4-0 in that game, despite our efforts, but the manager was sympathetic and understood the gulf in quality between our two sides. He said: "That is the level of the Premier League. We will reach that level with time but how fast we reach it is down to you." I think those words had an uplifting effect on everyone, and they certainly motivated me to aspire to reach that level. To be able to play against teams like those week-in-week-out would be nothing short of a dream for me. I have knuckled down and began shaping my game, and developing physically and mentally for the season ahead. I intend to impress, and receive a contract as well as get a few first team appearances under my belt this season. A suitable target if I want to get to the premier league before I reach my peak. I wasn't picked for the Npower League 1 curtain-raiser as the manager said I was not yet ready for first team football. I was slightly aggravated by this since I had performed well in pre-season and looked sharp. But it was better to go with it and wait for a chance in the U18s.

Last edited:
This could be a good story:D how long did it take for your story to get put up because i've waited a couple of days and mines isn't up?

This could be a good story:D how long did it take for your story to get put up because i've waited a couple of days and mines isn't up?

Really? mine took about 4 hours...

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

If anyone has some suggestions for the format of this Diary Entry style, you're welcome to post any ideas.

Oh:O well i'm gunna have a chat with the mod:|
maybe put in diary entries about the media following you and what stories they've made up and so.
For example tell them what happened when you went to a nightclub:-j

great story m8 cant wait for the next days in the diary :) I am guessing u are manager of chalton?

Not managing Charlton, I'm unemployed because I am not going to have any interference in his life. Only watch what happens to him.

Great story and idea can't wait for the next couple of days.

Bump

Updated my story, I have forwarded on further so I can update this regularly. Some pretty interesting stuff coming up... So stay tuned! :)