Bouma to leave Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 774

Matty

Reaction score
Aston Villa have confirmed Wilfred Bouma will leave the club when his contract expires this summer.

Bouma has struggled with injuries over the last 18 months at Villa and has been unable to recapture the form he first showed when he arrived at Villa Park from PSV Eindhoven in 2005.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6136968,00.html

I dont know about the rest of you... but before he signed for Villa i used consider Bouma as a fantastic left back. I rated him very highly! He played really well for Villa, but obviously injury has hindered him...

yer me to i saw him a few times with villa and before villa and he was a pretty good left back. shame really.

He was fantastic on an early CM possibly 01/02. Could play anywhere down the left.

And to think Stephan Warnock has replaced him, is ridiculous really!

Villa fan here, and of course, Bouma was really good, was gutted when he was injured but Warnock is a class player, only lacks in the air but with Dunne and Collins at the back anyway, doesn't matter.

All iv heard the vast majority of my villa mates saying, and i agree from both the derbies, and just generally on tv, he is extremely wasteful with the ball, just hoofs it up to no where

We could do with another full back and a striker to be honest, is Craig Gardner any good, i was glad we got rid of the ugly ****.

Warnock is very poor in my opinion. I doubt he will ever be good enough at the top level.

Craig has done ok ye, he has great distribution and brilliant technique on the ball... lacks the match practice though really. Next season he will progress massively.

Your only saying that because he is a blues fan! and kissed his badge when he scored in front of the tilton against everton!

but tbf if i was a villa fan all my life, played for blues, got transferred to villa, then scored in front of the holte end, you wouldn't stop me celebrating!

villa fans iv spoke to think its fair enough that he has gone to get first team football, but doesn't think you should be selling when you have a tiny squad XD

back on topic...

i remember going to Villa park to watch England V Holland in a friendly

and Bouma was ****** awesome!!! but tbf i think he could still salvage his career if he goes to the right sort of club

Everytime i saw him he was solid, Shame about his injuries.

Back