Bouncing Back up - My Swindon Town Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter ZzxL14MxzZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

ZzxL14MxzZ

Reaction score
Hey FM-Base.
This is my first Football Manager story, and I hope you enjoy it. I'm not great at this game, but I try my best and had mixed results on FM11.
In this story I'll be managing SWINDON TOWN, my local team, and trying to get them promoted. That is my main aim, but I won't be too disappointed if I don't achieve that.

Founded in 1879, and nicknamed The Robins, have a fierce rivalry with Oxford United, as well as rivalries with Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Reading and Gillingham. Swindon play their home games at the County Ground, which has an attendance of 14,830. They are currently playing in nPower League 2.

Database: Argentina (Second Division), Brazil (Third Division), England (Blue Square Bet N/S), France (CFA), Germany (Third Division), Holland (Juliper League), Ireland (First Division), Italy (Serie C2), N. Ireland (Second Division), Scotland (Third Division), Spain (Second Division B), Wales (Corbett Sports Welsh Premier)
Database Size: Large

Transfer Budget: £250k
Wage Budget: £39.5k

July 2011
Pre-Season
Swindon Town 2 v 2 Swindon Town Res.

Team News: All the players should get a run-out in this game to see how well they perform
De Vita (23)
Kennedy INJ 44
Gabilondo 60
Storey 65
Ferry INJ 90
Storey 90+2
Game Analysis: Swindon had the majority of the play but couldn't convert their chances. The Reserves held out well and Storey finished his chances well

Miles Storey - ST - In - Academy

Pre-Season
Swindon Supermarine 0 vs 2 Swindon Town
Team News: Storey starts his first professional match, Most of the rest of the team is changed to give other players a chance to show what they can do
Risser 8
Magera 33
Game Analysis: Swindon dominated almost all of the play, with a few stand-out performances

Pre-Season
Swindon Town 2 vs 1 Liverpool Reserves

Team News: Most of the first team will be starring in this game, as it will be a tough test
Kerrouche 9
Eccleston 33
De Vita 41
Flint OFF 64
Game Analysis: Swindon had control of this game from the kick off, with only occasional glimpses from Liverpool.

Pre-Season
Hungerford Town 0 vs 4 Swindon Town
Team News: First team players will be rested for this one.
Amankwaah 5
Misun INJ 20
Atiku 38
Clarke 42
Abdulla 71
Cibocchi OFF 82
Game Analysis: Swindon were all over Hungerford and really deserved their win, with the only negative being Cibocchi's red card, which dented an otherwise brilliant Swindon performance

James Beattie - In - Free

Pre-Season
Poole Town 1 vs 2 Swindon Town

Team News: New signing James Beattie will start, along with a mix of first team and backup players.
Gabilondo 30
De Vita 35
Southwood 76
Game Analysis: Swindon had plenty of chances, but couldn't convert the majority of them. The Swindon players seemed to be rushing and taking shots from outside of the box, rather than working the ball into the area.

Alex Nimely - In - Man City - Season Loan

Lateef Elford-Alliyu - In - West Brom - Season Loan
Quitnton Fortune - In - Free

July 2011 Round Up
View attachment 213174Even though this month was full of friendlies against weaker teams, Swindon played well and showed that they should be a force to be reckoned with in League 2. Swindon scored 20 and conceded 4 from their 7 games.
Off the pitch, Liam McGuire has made some good signings, most notably Lateef Elford-Alliyu, who has scored 5 from his first 2 games.
However injuries to Paul Caddis and Alex Nimely have damped the mood in the manager's office, with McGuire now frantically searching for a replacement RB, but he has to the Swindon Advertiser that he has a few players in mind, and has already made offers to 2 players​

Last edited:
August 2011

nPower League 2
Hereford United vs Swindon Town
Team News: McGuire has handed starts to new signing Jeffers, on-form Eliford-Alliyu, and Beattie, amongst others.
View attachment 213181
Game Analysis: A terrible performance from Swindon for most of the game, but they had Hereford on the back foot in the last 20 minutes. I expect Liam McGuire to take some drastic action to improve the team's performances
Elsewhere in the league, Plymouth beat Southend 4-0 to go top, while Dagenham beat Torquay to go 2nd.

Franics Jeffers will be out for 2 weeks with a damaged elbow

Shane Duffy - In - Everton - Season loan

Aden Flint has rejected his loan offer from Mansfield
The center back has told BBC Wiltshire that he believes he is better than the Conference League, and that he thinks he will be able to break into the first team this season

Will Evans - Out - Kettering - 5 month loan

That's all for tonight, but tomorrow will be our big test: MK Dons away in the League Cup

COYR!!

August 2011 (continued)

League Cup
MK Dons vs Swindon Town

Team News: Liam McGuire will be looking to put out his strongest side here, but due to the injuries to some of Swindon's key players, this will not be their strongest line up.
View attachment 213224
Game Analysis: Not the best of performances from Swindon, but against a tough opposition they battled and came away with only a 2 goal loss, when at one stage it looked like it could of been 5 or 6.
Also in the cup, Bristol Rovers beat Championship side Cardiff City after extra time, League 2's Macclesfield beat Huddersfield on penalties, and Morecambe beat Scunthorpe 3-1.

Medhi Kerrouche will be out for 3 weeks after suffering a groin strain in training

*Breaking News*
Swindon have received 2 more loan offers for Will Evans, one from Kettering and one from Wrexham. This is along with another offer from Mansfield

Last edited:
Back