• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

Wilcenzo

Reaction score
Bowens Bilbao

View attachment 249852

Introduction:
Basically, being a Manchester United fan, i thought i'd take a smash at making Bilbao tearing teams apart like they did to us earlier this season in the Europa League. From a background where my family is split down the middle between United and City, we don't agree on much, but we all agreed that Bilbao were another level at Old Trafford. So thats what also made up my mind! Before actually managing Bilbao on football manager, i did a little bit of background research on Bilbao, and i was intrigued at the fact they cannot sign players who haven't got a Basque heritage, so i'm going to concentrate on bringing through some youngsters through the Athletic set-up, which has famously brought through talents such as Muniain, Llorente, Martinez, etc. just to name a few.

Initial Targets:
I have told the board that our initial targets are to achieve a mid-table finish in the La-Liga, i am confident that i will achieve that with the current team, but Champions League qualification may be beyond us, with Real Madrid and Barcelona most definitely going to occupy the top two places, and with Athletic Madrid, Valencia, and Malaga strengthening, it looks like the La-Liga will be very competitive. The Euro Cup (Europa League) will hopefully bring more success for this team, then the league.

The board have set the initial budgets to match my ambitions, the wage budget is more then enough, and the board have provided a rather modest transfer kitty of £3.45m - but as i'm not looking to buy it shouldn't matter too much.

Transfers:
As stated above, the board have given me a budget of £3.45m, but as soon as i took over, Toquero handed in a transfer request. I have looked into signing some youth, signing Moises and Jorge Espericueta - scouts are particularly really excited about Moises. I have also invested in a decent right back in Cesar Aspilicueta, he will almost definitely be a major part in how I play, I also have a decent right back in Iraola - but i'm going to re-train him into a left back (well hopefully).

In:
Cesar Azpilicueta - £7.0m from OM
Yago Garcia - £0.0m from Unattached

Out:
Aitor Ocio - £0.3m to Sevilla
Ander Iturraspe - £1.8m to Fulham
Gaizka Toquero - £3.0m to OM
Koikili - £0.9m to Osasuna
Iban Zubiaurre - £1.5m to Sevilla

Future Transfers (joining on 1st July 2012):
Moises - £0.45m from Villarreal - Potentially rising to £2.5 based on appearances etc.
Jorge Espericueta - £1.0m from Tigres

YAGO GARCIA
Not sure wether this is a glitch, but man this player is amazing, has bags of pace, and a cracking finish. My scouts are saying he is the next 'Raul' - he is already scoring for me. Below is a screen shot of his sheer quality. (ps. i love my scouts)
View attachment 249850

Tactics:
Now-a-days most successful teams in real-life use a tactic which encourages players to pass the ball along the floor, in short, quick movements. I wanted to incorporate this style into the Bilbao way of playing.

I going to use a unorthodox 4-4-2 formation - pushing on the wide-midfielders up as wingers. Thankfully Bilbao have an amazing winger in Muniain - who will play on the left. I also wanted to use the classic Manchester United style central midfield, with one central midfield being deployed as a Ball Winning Midfielder (Javi Martinez) and the other as an Advanced Playmaker (Ander Herrera) - The ball winning midfielder must be an absolute animal who is not scared of sticking in a foot in the midfield. The advanced playmaker on the other hand must be creative, have a good first touch, and obviously have a passing rating of 16 or more. This basically reflects the Keane & Scholes pairing in the 1998/99 season.

The forwards in the Bilbao squad are quality, Llorente is the Van Persie of Bilbao, maybe better! the young lad I signed on a free is cracking as well, so i will rotate the pair of them between the roles of Target Man and Advanced Forward.

The back four has two full backs, who are there to support in all phases of play. In the case of the central defenders, i have set one defender as a Ball Playing Defender, the other as a default central defender. My reasoning for setting one defender as a ball playing defender, is to encourage the players to play out from the back, instead of squandering possession. I will report back on whether that is the case.

Below is a screenshot of the tactic
View attachment 249851

Games:
18th August 2011 - Euro Cup 4th Qual. Round Leg 1
FK Rad Beograd 1 - 4 Athletic Bilbao
Scorers: I.Muniain, Y.Garcia (2), A.Iraola
Att: 4,506

25th August 2011 - Euro Cup 4th Qual. Round Leg 2
Athletic Bilbao 3 - 2 FK Rad Beograd
Scorers: F.Llorente, D.Lopez, V.Puric (o.g)
Att: 21,031

28th August 2011 - La Liga
Athletic Bilbao 7 - 0 Rayo Vallecano
Scorers: Y.Garcia (5), F.Amorebieta, M. San Jose
Att: 40,000

Round Up:
View attachment 249855

Rayo are poor, to another level. The press are touting them as relegation favourites, i would have to agree. I personally think that the result was just luck at this moment in time from our perspective. The FK Rad games were competitive and the passing was awesome, Llorente was a stand out performer assisting in all four goals in the first leg. Hopefully the tactics continue to be this effective for the rest of the season. I personally think as the season goes on our form will drop due to the fact there is no depth past the starting 11.

Hope you enjoy the read, after i've completed playing September, i'll post another one up! feedback please!

Good luck, will follow. You will have to do good though. Have you seen the Bilbao story on here made by KLIPPYBO? He has won that many league titles in a row it become boring for him lol. Looking forward to seeing how you take the club though.

So that regen.... you're in September 2011, no youth intake, yet you have signed a free agent 16 year old with those stats?

Doubtful. Remember, honesty is the best policy. Other than that it is well set out.

So that regen.... you're in September 2011, no youth intake, yet you have signed a free agent 16 year old with those stats?

Doubtful. Remember, honesty is the best policy. Other than that it is well set out.

I agree pal, honesty is the best policy. I'm just as confused as you are.

Bowens Bilbao - September 2011
View attachment 249863
Wow, we won 7-0 but we're not top!:
As in typical Spanish fashion, Barcelona proved the point, whatever anyone else can do, they can do better. They beat Villareal 8-0 at the Nou Camp. That left us 2nd Place at the end of August 2011, although after only one game, i can see Barcelona stealing the show!. The month of September proves a lot easier for us, then Barca! Barca have two tough games against Valencia and Athletico Madrid. I'll let you know later on in the story how they do!

View attachment 249862

Transfer News:
Not really much, Deigo Perroti left Sevilla to sign for Arsenal for a bargain price of £10.0m, this was the only major transfer in the Spanish top flight. Phil Jagielka moved to Manchester City from Everton to boost Manchester City's chances of winning the Champions League. After a quiet summer, i'm assuming that January will be a crazy transfer window.

Internationals:
Only two Bilbao players were called up, Iker Muniain for the Spanish Under 21's - he didn't have a fantastic game gaining a 6.30 rating. The Under 21's lost 3-1 to Croatia Under 21's. Fernando Amorebieta played well for Venezuela, gaining a 7.70 rating for his national side.

Euro Cup draw:
Group L:
1) Athletic
2) BATE
3) Stromsgodset
4) Tottenham Hotspur

I'm pretty happy with that, obviously the challenge of Tottenham Hotspur is one i will relish! BATE seem quite handy, and Stromsgodset, well i've never heard of them!

View attachment 249861

Games:
11th September 2011 - La Liga
Espanyol 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao
Scorers: Llorente, Amorebieta
Att: 38,639

15th September 2011 - Euro Cup Group L
Athletic Bilbao 6 - 3 Stromsgodset
Scorers: Javi Martinez, M.Suseata (3), I.Martinez (2)
Att: 29,026

18th September 2011 - La Liga
Athletic Bilbao 6 - 0 Real Betis
Scorers: Llorente, I.Martinez, M.Susaeta, Javi Martinez
Att: 40,000

21st September 2011 - La Liga
Malaga 2 - 2 Athletic Bilbao
Scorers: Amorebieta (2)
Att: 28,963

25th September 2011 - La Liga
Athletic Bilbao 5 - 2 Villarreal
Scorers: I.Martinez (4), I. Muniain
Att: 39,741

29th September 2011 - Euro Cup
Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
Scorers: N/A
Att: 36,310

Injuries:
M. Suseata - came back after 7 days
Y. Garcia - Broken Leg expected 3 to 4 months

Both players were injured in the 2-2 draw against Malaga.

Round Up:
We were outclassed at White Hart Lane, Spurs were just too good. On a good note, discipline is brilliant, not yellow cards at all in September which is pleasing. As a unit the defence is leaking goals, which needs to be sorted ASAP. Suseata who didn't start the season in the first X1, has broken into the first X1, and played a massive part in the first Euro Cup game. In terms of where we go from here - Llorente's performances, in particularly the away game at White Hart Lane were poor - Luckily enough, in the other games players such as Muniain and Herrara who may not be getting goals are provided countless amounts of assists. But player of the month is the right back Cesar Azpilicueta, consistent all month, and even in the out classing at White Hart Lane he still managed to get a rating of 7.90, when the remaining players who played that game got a 6.80 at most.
View attachment 249860

Following, that regen has to be a glitch. His stats are unreal.

I'm 99% sure that the regen you have is a glitch or you've used FMRTE.

hmm, so i'm on the latest update - and apparently according to the link YOU supplied, my version is not supported. so what other explanation you going to come up with?

I was merely pointing out the mistake you made claiming that Mac didn't have RTE. As I said, your game.

Mistake? FMRTE is not on Mac, iFMRTE is. So reading back to my previous comment, I never claimed that 'RTE' wasn't on Apple Mac, I claimed 'FMRTE' wasn't on Mac, I was merely correcting the guy above me. ;-)

Back