Box-to-box midfielder?

• Thread starter Thread starter nikidoug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

nikidoug

Reaction score
I have this awesome regen who I was thinking could replace Toni Kroos as a Deep Lying Playmaker (Support) but my coaches are saying that I should play him as a Box-to-box midfielder?

Which is better/more useful?

General thoughts on this would be useful :)

well IMO, box to box midfielder is an allrounder which is hard to get so I would adapt my tactics, so he could fit in. There are plenty of playmakers, but good b2b mids are quite rare.

hmmm, agree with the last post, box to box midfielders are hard to find (good ones at least), and in any version of FM I've only had two that have been any good (Scott Parker and Rodwell after a few seasons). On the other hand, Deep/advanced playmakers are fairly easy to find, and even easier to integrate into a tactic.

If you're going to use a box to box midfielder, think hard about your tactics, it can either work really well, or more often than not, because they are all over the pitch and get in the way of your other players. Personally I've never got a b2b midfielder to play well at the same time as his centre mid partner for example....

Back