Brackley- Road to Premier League Glory

Tom the Swan

Reaction score
The 25 year old retired Jamaican Jeff Kamara has signed for newly promoted Brackley on a two year contract.

The young manager has high hopes for the team and hopes to get a respectful position in his first season of management.
View attachment 338690
Est 1912.
Semi-Professional
Nickname:The Saints
Average Ticket Price: £10
Average Season Ticket Price: £157
Media Prediction: 22/22

View attachment 338688

Pre-Season
I was coming up to my first game in charge and to be honest, I had no clue which players were good and which players... well, were not good. The pre-season friendlies are crucial to me getting to know the team and finding out which tactics work best.

In a statement prior to the friendly match between Brackley and Storubridge, the manager said " The result is not important at this stage, what matters is that I find more about my team and how they play"

View attachment 338691

The match was one we should have one but we lacked the cutting edge in-front of goal. Not the best start for me as manager but at least I know a bit more about my team.

In a post match statement, manager Jeff Kamara said that [he]"...could not quite believe we did not win out there"

View attachment 338692

Last edited:
View attachment 338693
Walton Casuals (A)
Walton Casuals 2-2 Brackley*
Paul Pritchard (29')
Darren Collins (60')*
Michael Chennels (63')*
Danny Myers (79')

An action packed game where both teams had plenty of chances to score. We were pushing for a third but couldn't get it and we were penalised in the end. The draw was a fair result but 2 games we really should have won.

Really impressed with Zola aswell, definitely our best player in both games. Really solid and puts some good balls over the top.

View attachment 338694
Northampton Town FC (H)
Brackley* 1-3 Northampton Town FC
Mark Rawle* (25')
Tadhg Purcell (33')
Louis Moult (56')
Louis Moult (62')

We started off very well, the away fans must have been thinking they were in for a bad day but their team just took a little while to settle in. They completely destroyed us.

Might need to start changing my tactics (lol), although Northampton are a much better team.

View attachment 338695
Worcester FC (Home)
Brackley* 1-5 Worcester FC
Shane Birtles (29')
Danny Carey-Bertram (31')
Shane Birtles (56')
Marc McGregor (59')
Darren Collins* (66')
Rob Elvins pen (78')

It was an extremely poor result. None of the players seemed to be up for it and the opponent were beating us at everything; headers, tackles. All aspects of our game was awful and it was incredible how we even managed to get a goal. Big changes needed.

View attachment 338696
Cirencester FC (Home)
Brackley 3-1 Cirencester FC
Mark Rawle (27')
Josh Smith (44')
Darren Collins (82')
Mark Rawle (88')

Very good performance and very clinical up front which is important coming up to the league. Very happy to get my first win and hopefully many more to come. I chose to stay with the same formation as-well and it worked out very nicely today. I hope we can carry this performance into the games that really matter.

End of Pre-Season
(W:1 D:1 L:3)

Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 14

Now, we start the league...

Last edited:
Blue Square Bet South

Media Prediction to be promoted:
Bath City
Hayes and Yeading United

Media Prediction to be relegated:
Brackley Town
Oxford City
Billericay Town

Media Table:

[1]Bath City
[2]Hayes and Yeading United
[3]Chelmsford City
[4]Dover Athletic
[5]Welling United
[6]Eastbourne Borough
[7]Salisbury City
[8]Eastleigh FC
[9]Havant and Waterloovile
[10]Truro City
[11]Basingstoke Town
[12]Boreham Wood
[13]Sutton United
[14]Bromley Town
[15]Weston-super-Mare
[16]Farnborough FC
[17]Staines Town
[18]Dortchester Town
[19]Tonbridge Angels
[20]Billericay Town
[21]Oxford City
[22]Brackley Town

It is time to prove the pundits wrong and to get a good hold on this league.

First proper game of the new season. Here we go.
View attachment 338710
Hayes and Yeading Utd (Home)
Brackley Town 3-1 Hayes and Yeading Utd
Mark Rawle (24')
Pele (35')
Mark Rawle (75')
Jefferson Louis (90+3')

First game of the season and it was a superb win over a team looking for promotion. I changed the tactics and decided to go for something more attacking and it worked out great with Rawle getting on the scoresheet twice. It was a great victory and credit to the lads for the way they played. Bit curious that they have a player called Pele on their team, has he returned? :p

View attachment 338713

Last edited:
View attachment 338711
Weston-super-Mare (Away)
Weston-super-Mare 2-3 Brackley Town
Mark Rawle (9')
Mark Rawle (23')

Justin Porter (46')
Mark Rawle (52')
Chris Young (84')

Another great victory. We pulled off towards the end and that is why we conceded but it was a hard earned 3 points. Great start to the season so far and we sit in the play-offs, a place I certainly would not mind being in!

Once I get to the end of the month, I will post the games in Monthly intervals.
View attachment 33877313/08/11Sutton United (Home)

Brackley Town 0-0 Sutton United

Difficult game against a well supported team. Both teams made chances and our small winning streak was going to end some time. Still unbeaten however and still in the play-offs with 7 points.

20/08/11
View attachment 338774
Havant & Waterloovile FC (Away)
Havant & Waterloovile FC 2-2 Brackley Town
Jon McDonald o.g (16')
Brett Solkhon o.g (19')
Jake Reed (37')
Mark Rawle (75')

Two own goals in the first 20 minutes. Not a bad result against a good team. Draw was a fair result in the end and we currently sit in 7th, outside the play off positions at the moment. Really happy with Rawle and I hope he continues this form throughout the season. Him and Zola are key players.
P:4 W:2 D:2 L:0
GF:8 GA:5 GD:+3

27/08/11
View attachment 338775
Boreham Wood FC (Home)
Boreham Wood FC 1-2 Brackley Town
Jefferson Louis (10')
Jefferson Louis (27')

Omar Riza (65')
Carl Parmer (68') (red means dismissed)

Pre-Match: This is a game we really have to win if we are serious about promotion. Of course, no-one is expecting us to do so but this is football and anything can happen. We have had a very good start so far and it is important that we continue this form in order to get the highest position possible.

Post-Match: It is another victory and one I am pleased with. We grinded out the last 20 minutes of the game and I thought we were going to throw it away. No action will be taken on Palmer however as he did take one for the team... not that I condone that :p
I saw a completely different character of our team today, one that I am extremely pleased with. They showed that they are no pushovers and certainly deserved the win based on that. Also, it was great to see another man on the goal sheet as I know we aren't relying on one man to put the ball between the sticks. Now we push on. We also move into 4th.

View attachment 338776

P:5 W:3 D:2 L:0
GF:10 GA:6 GD:+4

31/08/11
View attachment 338777
Farnborough FC (Away)
Farnborough FC 0-2 Brackley Town
Mark Rawle (50')
Mark Rawle (65')

Pre-Match:
It is important we end up the month with another three points. As teams become settled, it will only become more difficult. With the more points we get, we can relax more. Survival is priority but with the way things are going now, perhaps promotion is on the cards.

Post-Match: It was an extremely dull first half and nothing was going on. I let my team know and I was looking for a better performance. Second half, we dominated from the whistle. We really should have won 4-0 as we had some real sitters missed. Great result and we end the month in 3rd place. A worthy position from our performances.

P:6 W:4 D:2 L:0
GF:12 GA:6 GD:+6

03/09/11
View attachment 338781
Truro FC (Home) 7th
Brackley Town 2-1 Truro FC
Jefferson Louis (23')
Barry Hayles (29')
Steve Diggin (53')

Pre-Match: I am looking forward to the first game of the new month. It will not be an easy game by any means so a draw would be a good result for me. Truro are in good form and they will be pushing for play-offs this season too. This will be a good test.

Post-Match: It was a tremendous performance and it felt un-just that after one shot in the whole first half, they scored. I was so pleased with the performance that instead of usually complaining about how we were not winning, I decided to passionately congratulate them. It seemed to work well however they came more into the game. We really should have won by more but what is important is that we have the 3 points.
Mark Rawle received the player of the month award where I came close and got 2nd place for the Manager of the Month behind Bath City's manager who had led them to 1st position. Really chuffed for Rawle, division's top goal scorer with 8 goals in 6 appearances Not a bad return... not bad at-all.

*Moved up to first place

P:7 W:5 D:2 L:0
GF:14 GA:7 GD:+7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/09/11
View attachment 338784
Dorchester Town FC (Home) 10th
Brackley Town 2-5 Dorchester Town FC
Rico Wilson (15')
Neil Martin (45+1')
Rico Wilson (48')
Ashley Nicholls (51')
Jefferson Louis (71')
Jefferson Louis (82')

Rico Wilson (86')

Pre-Match: They are a mid-table side and I will certainly be looking for a win. We have a few injuries but thankfully they are not key players. Oh yeah, and Rawle is injured for 2 weeks, this is going to be tough.

Post-Match: We started tremendously again and I thought we were going to dominate this game but once they scored their first from a free-kick, everything changed. They were clinical, only managing 5 shots... 5 goals. We lacked the quality in front of goal as we hit the crossbar twice and we had a shot cleared off the line. The goals did not come until too late when I decided to risk putting on the injured Solkhon. We were bound to lose at one point and I have certainly learnt a-lot about my team.

*Drop to 3rd

P:8 W:5 D:2 L:1
GF:16 GA:12 GD:+4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17/09/11
View attachment 338810
Bromley FC (Away) 2nd
Bromley FC 0-3 Brackley Town
Jefferson Louis (5')
Steve Diggin (8')
Tom Winters (22')

Pre-Match: I will certainly take a point, considering we are missing our top scorer and they are in 2nd. It will be a very difficult game but if we come out with a draw, it will be a morale victory.

Post-Match: A point is what I wanted but it wasn't what the players wanted. I could see the anger from the last game passing onto this and they wanted to set things straight. I thought it was going to be incredibly difficult to get a result today, missing our star players but I was wrong. It was easy! Superb performance. Out of superlatives...

Free Transfers In:
Anthony Ashman 20 Year Old English CD
Stevland Angus 31 Year Old Jamaican CD
Goma Lambu 26 Year Old Congolese AM
Steven Lozano-Calderon 20 Year Old Colombian AM
Tom Lyskov 20 Year Old Danish DL

*FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round draws us with Truro (01/10/11)

*Moves up to 2nd

P:9 W:6 D:2 L:1
GF:19 GA:12 GD:+7

20/09/11
View attachment 338840
Bath City FC (Away) 5th
Bath City FC 4-1 Brackley Town
Scott Murray (3')
Gethin Jones (7')
Goma Lambu (12')
Jamie White (19')
Sekani Simpson (47')

Pre-Match:
Although Bath occupy 5th, I think this will be the toughest fixture all season. They have a point to prove and their fans expect promotion. They will not hold back. A draw would be a more than satisfying result.

Post-Match: We lost 4-1 and probably played better than them. It just goes to show that if you don't score your chances, you are going to get penalized for them at the higher levels.
*Stays Second

P:10 W:6 D:2 L:2
GF:20 GA:16 GD:+4

24/09/11
View attachment 338871
Basingstoke Town FC (Home) 15th
Brackley Town 1-0 Basingstoke Town FC
Jefferson Louis (32')

Pre-Match: This is a must win match. They are struggling to get results and we have to maintain/increase the points gap between us and Bath who are now 3rd by one point. Nothing more I can really put apart from we MUST get the 3 points.

Post-Match: We could have won by much more and so was dissapointed in that aspect however they never had a chance and the defence was quality. It was an important result to keep us in 2nd place a quarter of the way through the season!

*Stays 2nd

P:11 W:7 D:2 L:2
GF:21 GA:16 GD:+5

01/10/11
View attachment 339570
Truro FC (Away) 10th FA CUP 2nd Qualifying Round
Truro FC 1-0 Brackley Town
Barry Hayles (54')

Pre-Match:
Personally, I am not expecting us to do anything in the cup, however, it would be amazing if we could make it to the first round. The result today is not important but it would be great if we could get a win; progress to the next round and take the winning mentality onto our next game. But like I said, a loss is not too disappointing.

Post-Match:
To summarise I felt we were the better team and so it was discouraging not to cap off some neat play with a goal. Mark Rawle came back but didn't do anything. Louis missed a sitter and we hit the crossbar. But as soon as they got their goal, their was not any coming back. They had new-found belief and we just couldn't match it. I can't blame the team though, we want promotion and it gives us more time to focus on it.

*Knocked out of FA Cup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08/10/11
View attachment 339571
Oxford City FC (Away) 18th Blue Square South
Oxford City FC 0-1 Brackley Towne
Jefferson Louis (56')

Pre-Match: This is a must win game. By winning, we maintain the points gap between us and Bath and gives us a chance to move up to 1st. If anyone had said, we would be in the play-offs after a quarter of the season, I would have given them a complementary massage. I certainly cannot believe the effort from the players.

Post-Match: The result was closer than it should have been. We had plenty of chances and failed to capitalise. But it was a great result which puts us in a much better position!

*Moves up to 1st

P:12 W:8 D:2 L:2
GF:22 GA:16 GD:+6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------