liam foster

Reaction score
Hey guys. So today I wrote a post about Brendan Rodgers' style of Football this season and the brilliant tactics he has deployed; and I wanted to go and try and emulate that on FM14, so I did.
Now as I said previously, on paper it looks like a narrow diamond formation, however as we've seen this season with Liverpool, it easily transcends into a 4-3-3. Now as you can see with these screenshots, I have given the players roles that I think they play for Liverpool in real life, and have tried to copy every aspect of Rodgers' tactic bit by bit. Team instructions include playing wider and having the 2 strikers 'move into channels'.
As you can see with the first league game of the season, it worked better than I would have imagined - even with Suarez and Sturridge being out!. Now if anybody would like to try this out, I have posted a link to download the tactic, feel free to leave me a comment on how it has gone for you - However this tactic needs to be near about fully fluid or at least accomplished, your players' morale needs to be good and you need to have players that fit the roles shown. No point having players who can't play in the role and position provided. And by all means feel free to change some things to your players and teams' preference; however try not changing too much as this will disrupt the tactic

I am also trying to perfect this BR 4-4-2 diamond plays a high tempo fluid attack with a high defensive line I have Coutinho as APA even though Sterling has been playing there of late Suarez as TQ and Sturridge as Poacher.
Very mixed results so far trying to fine tune(miss sliders!) and 2nd tactic is 4-3-3 with Anchor man.
Also Gerrard has been playing the Regista in the Diamond.

Gerrard
Coutinho-Henderson
Sterling

Last edited:
couyou please post some results with your tacitc ? and maybe statistics of your strikers ? would be nice :)

thx