Ryz

Reaction score
Wednesday 7th July 2010

attachment.php

'Die Roten' demand answers from Kind

After last seasons near relegation encounter, Hannover finished 15th in the Bundesliga, fans had voiced that under-pressure manager Mirko Slomka isn't the man to bring back the glory days at the 49,000 capacity AWD-Arena where 'Die Roten' (The Reds) famously lifted the Bundesliga title in 1938 and 1954. They have now suffered a drought without silverware for 19 years when winning the DFB-Pokal.

"Die Roten" fans have demanded answers from president Martin Kind as to how Slompa is still in charge entering the 2010-2011 campaign in charge.

We have the opinions from Hannover favourites:

Our club's worth £27M and we are in £19M debt, Die Roten fans are inpatient and we have a right to be upset.
Jorge Sievers
Mirko's tactics are negative and too predictable, he's too stubborn to see this and make changes
Gerald Asamoah
Slomka hasn't been given the funds, fans have to accept we are now a selling club and will have to wait for this debt to be paid off and for the meantime pray we stay in the Bundesliga!
Carsten Linke

awdarena7.jpg

(Die Roten fans want to back unfound glory at the AWD-Arena)

The protests and threats have been lead since the shoc appointment of Slomko and now Hannover's financial director have informed chiefs and investors of the low numbers of season tickets bought for this season.

GYI0059338947_crop_450x500.jpg

President Martin Kind has pushed the panic button and the club has confirmed Kind will be attending a press conference tomorrow at 2:30PM on the 8th July, it is still unknown whether Mirko Slomka will be attemding the conference...

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Thursday 8th 2010

610x.jpg

Journalist: Mr. Kind, has Mirko Slomka lost the dressing room?!

Martin Kind: I don't wish to talk about individuals today

Journalist: What is your opinion on the recent statistics released of the Hannover season tickets sold?

Martin Kind: We still have over a month to sell the remaining season tickets available

Journalist: Is 15th a reasonable position for Hannover last season?

Martin Kind: Last seasons performance must be swept under the carpet, we can take positives from it.

Journalist: There are rumours of Mirko Slomka leaving Hannover for American giants New York Cosmo's, can you confirm this?

Martin Kind:
I don't wish to talk about 'rumours' today

Journalist: It appears to be the 'Die Roten' fans can't wait to see the back of Mr. Slomka, do you have any news for the fans?

Martin Kind: No.

Journalist: The crippling £19M debt, does this mean players will need to be sold?

Martin Kind: Definately not, for now all we can do is urge for the fans support to the club.

Journalist: Martin, is it possible for Mr. Slomka to bring back the glory days to Hannover 96?

Martin Kind: This is a detailed answer, I do not have time to go in depth, but at the moment... it is very unlikely

Journalist: One last question, do you have faith in Mr. Slomka?

Martin Kind: I have 100% faith in Mirko's managerial ability.

Journalist: Thank you for your time Martin, this conference is now concluded.

martin-kind-hannover-540x304.jpg

Martin Kind leaves the AWD-Arena with a smile on his face whilst speaking on his mobile phone...

Last edited:
Thursday 15th July

attachment.php

Slomka Sacked

Hannover Spokesman Mike Peterson has confirmed at 09:30 this morning that the club has terminated Mirko Slomka's contract. A week after president Kind stated he had 100% faith in Slomka.

The clubs president Martin Kind has a close relationship with the fans and after a weeks decision had to relieve Slomka of his duty. We wish Mirko good luck in the future.

There's no doubt most Hannover fans will wake up with a smile! The search for the new Hannover begins with Dunga, Steve McClaren and Martin Jol among the favourites to join the post within the next 48 hours. However, will they be interested in joining the debt-ridden German club in crisis...?

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

hannover96.png

Hannover appoint 25-year old Peters

images

Hoffenheim have put the speculation and ended the wait by surprisingly appointing 25-year old Englishman Ryan Peters after admitting to breaking down in talks with Martin Jol. Peters is known on a continental basis after scoring nine goals in twenty-five appearances for England, already smashing a record by becoming the youngest manager in Germany.

Alot of activity is already happening around the Hannover camp. Peters isn't a fluent German speaker, however stating he does have a connection with the club as his father was born in Hannover and joking about having the blonde hair and blue eyes to fit in with the nation.

Ryan's already confirmed speaking to Martin Kind, having agreed a two year contract, Peters won Martin over by telling him of his expectations for the club, persuading the board to make 105% of the transfer revenue available for transfers! We know Ryan will be including his own backroom staff, training regime and players not in his plans will see the door! Will this move prove to be a wise decision by the chairman, the impatient Die Roten fans will be expecting sudden impact!

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:08 AM ----------

Saturday 13th August '10

Transfer Update

OUT

46081_58.jpg

Hannover have come to an agreement with Heerenveen for Der Roten's most valuable player Didier Konan for £4.3M

IN

christianbenitez.jpg

Hannover have completed the signing of out-of-favour Christian Benitez from Santos Laguna for £1.5M. The 24-year old Ecuador international who's scored 15 in 33 at international level rejected contract offers from Rubin Kazan and Toulouse.

michal-kadlec.jpg

Pavel Nedved was outraged after the Spara Prague board accepted a £875k offer from Hannover and Manchester United for their highly-rated Czech Republic starlet Vaclav Kadlec. The 18-year old rejected United for first team football.

s_39616_568_2009_1.jpg

South African shot-stopper Itumeleng Khune who impressed many at the World Cup this year has signed with Hannover for £230k

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Saturday 14th August '10

After settling into the German lifestyle, assessing his new squad and taking extensive German language lessons Ryan Peters has given his first interview after a 3-1 away win in the 1st round of the German Cup against Hallescher.

"First of all, I want to thank our fans for their away support, also Christian Benitez with a debut hat-trick. I stand here as manager of Hannover, a club with a forgotten history. I have confidence in my ability and most importantly the squads, the morale in the dressing room is good and we are preparing to kick-off the Bundesliga away to Koln. Please don't interupt me as I wont be taking no questions from you today, I have other places to be.When I watch football, I believe in entertaining the audience, and that's what I promise at the AWD-Arena. I have told the players I will be reshaping this club from top to bottom, changes must be made. If they don't like it, they know where my office is. You can expect transfer activity within the next few days, thank you."

Last edited: