Bringing Back The Thunder - A Celtic Story.

• Thread starter Thread starter lynchyyyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5K
L

lynchyyyy

Lennon walks away from Celtic

View attachment 242733

Neil Lennon has resigned as Celtic manager to spend time with his family after just one year as permanent manager. Lennon has had a tough season with Celtic losing the title on the last day to Rangers by 1 point. But it has been the off pitch problems that has caused Lennon to leave. Lennon was sent 2 parcel bombs through the post and was attacked on the infamous night at Tynecastle, the home of Hearts. We are still awaiting a statement from both Celtic and Neil Lennon.

Youth Coach takes over Celtic Hotseat

After just one week of the departure of fans' favourite Neil Lennon, Celtic have revealed that Youth Coach Kieran Lynch will take over as manager. Lynch has joined 3 games into pre-season so will have to hit the ground running to get his bhoys ready for the start of season. Lynch led Celtic u17s to Glasgow Cup victory in 2008 and won the Scottish Youth Cup 2 years running with Celtic u19s. It is thought that Neil Lennon last request as Celtic manager was that Lynch took over as his successor. Lynch's will be presented to the media tomorrow morning at Celtic park.

New Celtic Manager's first press conference

View attachment 242736

Celtic fans welcome Kieran Lynch

Reporter: Congratulations Mr Lynch. You sit here as manager of your boyhood heroes, how do you feel?

Kieran Lynch: Thank you sir, this is a dream for me. I would like to thank the board for putting trust in me despite have little experience as manager. We have won the league in 3 years but we have an advantage this yeaer due to starting 10+ ahead of Rangers but hard work is needed.

Reporter: What are your targets for the future and for Celtic?

Kieran Lynch: I plan on making Celtic the dominant force in Scottish football agian. I want to get Celtic Park rocking every week. I want the fans drooling over our play.

Reporter: Being on 29 Years Old and with such little experience at this level, how do you think you will handle the pressure of being Celtic manager?

Kieran Lynch: Listen, I grew up in the rough areas of the Southside of Glasgow I'm sure i'll be able to handle the pressure just fine.

Reporter: Having worked with the youth players for 4 years, do you plan on giving some younger players more game time in the first team?

Kieran Lynch: The u19s squad has a talented bunch of lads, if they perform for the u19s on a consistent basis I dont see why not.Reporter: Thank you for your time Mr.Lynch and best of luck with your future.

Pre-Season Friendlies

View attachment 242740

Celtic players begin pre-season training

10/7/11-FC Valsui (H)
12/7/11-Santos Laguna (A)
17/7/11-Chelsea (H)

With only 3 games until the opening day of the new campaign, can Lynch get his team ready for the fight for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title?

PS. This is my first story, constructive criticism much appreciated.

Last edited:
Good luck my friend, Celtic is the 2nd team i support, also St. Pauli, Good start and "hail hail"

Just a little update my laptop charger broke last week and I was in Ireland at the weekend.

Next update up tomorrow or Friday

Pre-Season

View attachment 245599

Stokes celebrates winner against Chelsea
Celtic 4 – 1 FC Valsui
Wanyama(12), Stokes(34), Majstorovic(88), Aioanei(og)(94)
MoM - Anthony Stokes

Santos Laguna 1 – 4 Celtic
Murphy(23)
MoM - Oribe Peralta(Santos Laguna)

Celtic 2-1 Chelsea
Terry(og)(62), Stokes(92)
MoM - Victor Wanyama

Transfer In
Jorge Torres Nilo (£950k – Tigres)
Guti (Free Transfer)

Transfer Out
Lukasz Zaluska (Released)
Dominic Cervi (Released)
Andre Blackmen (Released)
Filip Twardzik (Loan-Hartlepool)
Morten Rasmussen (Loan £95k – OB)
Giorgas Samaras (£2.2m – Palermo)
Glenn Loovens (£975k – Southampton)
Paddy McCourt (£1.4m – Leicester)

Celtic era under new manager Lynch got underway with a convincing victory over Romanian club FC Valsui. With 8 players leaving Celtic and only 2 coming in Lynch feels the side is strong enough but had too many deadwood. Jorge Torres Nilo was brought in for the left back position after Emilio Izaguirre's ankle break. Old exprienced midfielder Guti was also signed. Lynch said that he would like to bring in 2 players before the end of the window.

August

Transfer Update - In

View attachment 245621

Ben Amos (Loan - Man Utd)
Jamie Murphy (£1.3m - Motherwell)
Carlos Fierro - Joining 24.7.12 (£1.3m - Chivas

Transfers Out

View attachment 245622

Daniel Majstorovic (Free - Bari)
Efrain Juarez (Loan £625k - Cruz Atul)
Kris Commons (Loan £65k - Crystal Palace)

Results

Hibs 0 - 3 Celtic
Stokes (84), Bangura (89, 90+3)
MoM - Mo Bangura

Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic
Stokes (17), Ledley (23), Murphy (90+1)
MoM - Joe Ledley

Celtic 1 - 0 Dundee Utd
Murphy (39)
MoM - Jamie Murphy

Europa League Qual.
Sion 1 - 0 Celtic
MoM - Adailton (Sion)

Celtic 2 - 0 St Johnstone
Brown (19), Ledley (38)
MoM - Scott Brown

Europa League Qual.
Celtic 2 - 0 Sion
Stokes (1, 5)
MoM - Anthony Stokes

St Mirren 0 - 3 Celtic
Bangura (68), Murphy (83, 86)
MoM - Jamie Murphy

Player of Month

Jamie Murphy

View attachment 245617

Jamie Murphy has been magnificent for Celtic in his first month scoring 4 goals in 4 games. The striker has hit the ground running in for Celtic and will hope to continue his great from as the season continues.

Europa League Grp B.

View attachment 245618

Sevilla - (Spain)
Celtic - (Scotland)
OB - (Denmark)
IF Elfsborg - (Sweden)

September is a big month for the Hoops with the first Old Firm of the season. Celtic also play two tough Europa League matches against Sevilla and IF Elfsborg. This month is a chance for Celtic to prove how good they are.

Back