JDeanFFC

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to this with this being my first documented save but I thought I would give it a go and hopefully it is an enjoyable read.

Now let's get onto the save, I thought for my first documented save I would try to rebuild and revive Notts County who currently lie in League 2 and hopefully lead them to heights of the Premier League within a few years and then press on to possible European Adventure. I know this may not seem like the most adventurous save on this site but I hope this is of interest to some with Notts County being the oldest football team in the world currently playing at a professional level of football.

View attachment 192187

Pre-Season

So to start off the save the standard procedures were carried out. Evaluating the squad it was already quite strong and could definitely mount a title challenge with my first season in charge. As the transfer budget was relatively low I opted for a few loans to bolster up the squad to give that extra depth that is required in the lower league with constant midweek and weekend games. I therefore went ahead and loaned 3 players within a matter of days.

View attachment 192146

The first of these signings being James Hanson from Derby, a young and talented centre back. I followed this loan up shortly after with Conor Townsend from Hull, left back, and Oliver Burke from rivals Nottingham Forest, a young winger with a big future ahead.

As far as departures go I only offloaded Hayden Hollis on loan to Eastleigh as I felt we already had a sufficient number of centre back options.

View attachment 192144

Moving onto Pre-Season, I felt the opposition we faced would be an indicator of where I could take this club with opposition from higher leagues in the form of Barnsley and Birmingham and a club I consider to be a lower League 1 club Crewe. Although losing to Crewe was not ideal the result against Birmingham was a massive highlight and gave me great confidence going forward.

View attachment 192140