Bringing Liverpool back to Premier League heights.

Dan Griffin

Reaction score
View attachment 300368
Griffin takes reigns at Anfield.

17th July, 2012.

Earlier today, Brendan Rodgers resigned from Anfield immediately after taking over the Merseyside club, after what was believed to have been a mis-intepretation in the contract agreement. Rodgers immediately left the club when they both agreed terms. Rookie manager Dan Griffin has been appointed on a 2 year deal.

"Liverpool FC is a massive club, and I intend to bring the club back to the heights of the EPL. I aim to get European Football of the highest standard back to within the club year in year out, that is the most important thing. I want either domestic cups and I will succeed."

Demba Ba & Steve Mandanda sign deals, Wellington Nem contract stalls.

View attachment 300432

1st August, 2012.

Newcastle United's Senegalese superstar Demba Ba has joined Liverpool, aswell as French International Steve Mandanda. The Mandanda deal has meant Jose Reina has joined Arsenal after 8 years with the Merseyside outfit. Griffin raised £13M which then allowed him to spend within that for Mandanda and also cover a bit of the fee for Demba Ba, which was believed to be £7M exactly.

"£11M & £7M for Steve and Demba respectively, are massive coups for this club. I felt we needed a change in between the sticks, regardless of how good Jose was, he was an outstanding outfit for this club and I feel I have given him the best deal possible. Steve is a brilliant replacement and will be here until he retires. Demba Ba is not even a steal, the transfer fee is ridiculous, Newcastle have shot themselves in the foot here putting such a small release fee in his contract, I feel like I have stolen him from them."

Wellington Nem's transfer to Liverpool has been put under doubt after he has had a last minute change in his contract clauses & bonuses and isn't happy. Liverpool had a £3.5M bid accepted last week.