Bringing the good times back to Sunderland!

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucass16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

Lucass16

Reaction score
O'Neill Gone!

martin-o-neill.jpg

Club Statement: We are very saddened to bring you the news that our manager MR Martin O'Neill has left the club with immediate effect. We have spoken to Mr O'Neill in the past hours and he has decided to set his eyes on a challenge elsewhere.
This does come as a shock to us all as we had a great end to last season under O'Neill, but we promise to bring in a new manager as soon as possible. The club has drawn up a shortlist of managers to take our club onto bigger and better things. We wish O'Neill all the best for the future, but we now need to concentrate on bringing the right man in to do the job.

232011d1332422638-road-glory-bap-game-scoutsniper7-sky-sports-news-logo.jpg

Roberto Martinez to Sunderland?

Sky Sources are to believe that Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez is currently holding talks over the current managerial position at Sunderland. This news is coming just days after manager Martin O'Neill left the club. Sunderland did release a statement saying that the club needed to bring in a manager to take them onto bigger and better things, but many fans are wondering if Martinez is the right replacement.

martinez.jpg

Is this the right man to take the club forward?​

Sunderland-icon.png

Club name Ravenhall as manager!

We are proud to announce that the club has found the correct man to take our club forward. Manager Mr Luke Ravenhall will be taking charge of the team up until season 2013/14. This will come as a surprise to you all as we know, and many of you may question the clubs decision into employing Mr Ravenhall as the clubs manager. But we are to reassure you all that we have looked into this decision very closely and see that Mr Ravenhall has a passion for our club and see that his eagerness and professionalism is to work wonders for this club. Many of you know that we did interview a few people over the vacancy but we believe we have found the right man. We are looking forward to getting this season started and hope all you wonderful loyal supporters are there as usual to support this magnificent club.

Mr Ellis Short (chairman)

Ravenhall teams up with Wilkins

PA-7199373.jpg

Statement from the manager: " I am pleased to announce that Mr Ray Wilkins has accepted the opportunity to become my assistant manager and work along side me and the other staff here at Sunderland. Ray has bags of experience working in this division and think his experience will bring great expectation to this club. We have a great working relationship and knowledge of each others work."

news_story_sky_sports_news_img_big.jpg

Kevin Doyle Signs!

Manager Luke Ravenhall has made his first major transfer of the summer, snapping up prolific goal scorer Kevin Doyle from Wolverhampton Wanderers. The club haven't announced the official fee but sky sources believe the fee is to be somewhat around the £7.5million region. We did manage to catch up with manager Mr Ravenhall who had this to say, " I believe Kevin is a magnificent capture for this club, I have great confidence that Kevin will score a lot of goals for this club in years to come"
So Sunderland make a stomp in the transfer market but will there be any more faces coming to the stadium of light.

Titus moves on
0,,10281~8917369,00.jpg

The club can confirm that Titus Bramble has moved to Southampton for a fee of around £3million. Titus has recently been involved in court cases surrounding legal action being taken against Mr Bramble. The club can confirm they have a strict policy against anyone committing an offence against the law and club will not tolerate it. Manager Mr Luke Ravenhall has issued a statement.

" It is in the best interest of Sunderland Athletic Football Club, that a player who has committed a crime should no longer deserve to play for our club. I, as a manager, do not accept anyone in my dressing room who I believe can put a dent in our clubs reputation, so that's why me and the clubs directors have agreed to let Titus move on. I believe that the money recouped for Bramble can be spent on acquiring new players and building on the great team that I already have here at Sunderland"

176181hp2.jpg

Sunderland bag Martens!

Sunderland have officially signed AZ Alkmaar's play maker Maarten Martens for a fee to be around £7million. This is Sunderland's second signing of the summer who joins the club with striker Kevin Doyle. Manager Luke Ravenhall has brought two big names now to the club, but whether they can produce the goods, time will tell.

sunderlandafc.bmp

Four new faces arrive!

pires.jpg

Guti_smile.jpg

Samaras_1408240c.jpg

71.jpg

Sunderland can confirm the captures of Robert Pires, Maniche and Guti all join the club on free transfers and Georgios Samaras joins the club on a season long loan deal from Celtic. Manager Mr Ravenhall has said that all four players will provide crucial back up for the first team and all four players have joined the club knowing that appearances may not often come around. All four players were happy to join the building process of Sunderland and cant wait to put on the red and white shirt.

Sunderland%2B256.png

United Away!

Manchester United 2 -
0 Sunderland

Not the perfect start to life as Sunderland manager for Luke Ravenhall. Although Sunderland did have a number of new players playing, United did control the game. New signings Dede and Montillo were outstanding for United. Berbatov opened the scoring midway through the first half with a neat finish. United piled on the pressure but Sunderland's defense hung out till half time. Maarten Martens was brought off at half time, he had taken a slight knock. With there play maker off, United sensed the game was there for the kill and in the 80th minute Wayne Rooney was there to head in a nani free kick. Overall Sunderland were average but they did face a tough challenge away at title chasing Manchester united.

Back