British + Irish League Database

Reaction score
I've been working hard myself on a new British and Irish Database for FM. It took quite a while and I've made a lot of changes so I'll try and outline all of the main ones in this post.

The basic idea of the database is to take all the teams from England, Scotland, Wales, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and put them all into a British and Irish League structure. I've completed 11 leagues with a total of 248 teams. Here are all the details of the leagues:

-----Leagues-----

1. Vodafone Premier League 1 - 22 teams - Play each other twice - 42 games - Bottom 3 teams relegated with 16th-19th going into knockout play-off. Current PL teams with the exception of West Brom and Blackpool. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs all added in. 6 TV times added including Friday night football. Winner of the league gets £30,000,000 in prize money. 22nd place gets £11,000,000.

2. Vodafone Premier League 2 - Same structure as VPL1 with 22 teams, 42 games. Top 3 are promoted with 4th-7th in knockout play-off. Bottom 3 teams relegated with 16th-19th going into knockout play-off. Only English and Scottish teams at this stage with the likes of WBA, Blackpool, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Cardiff, QPR etc. Also Friday night football in this league. Winner gets £22,000,000 with 22nd place getting £5,000,000.

3. Coca-Cola Super League - 24 teams each playing each other twice, 46 games. Bottom three teams relegated with 18th-21st going into knockout play-off. Top three promoted with 4th-7th going into knockout play-off. The likes of Hull, Preston, Ross County and Bohemians compete in this league. Winner gets £12,000,000 with last placed getting around £4,000,000.

4. npower Championship - The same as Coca-Cola Super League with 24 teams and 4 promoted/4 relegated. Inverness, Southamption, Crystal Palace and Millwall are all found in this league. League winner gets £8,000,000 with last placed getting around £2,000,000.

5. npower League 1 - Replica of npower Championship. Linfield, Yeovil, Tranmere and Stirling are all in this league. Winner gets nearly £6,000,000 with last placed getting just over £1,000,000.

6. npower League 2 - Another almost identical league which has the likes of Bury, Waterford Utd and Brechin playing their football there. Only difference in this league is that only 3 teams are relegated. Bottom two plus one from play-off. 1st place gets £3,500,000.

7. Nationwide Conference Premier - 20 team league with each team playing 38 matches during the course of a season. Top two plus one from play-off are promoted with the same happening at the bottom. Accrington Stanley, Finn Harps and Crawley are all in this league. 1st place gets £2,500,000.

8. Nationwide League 1 - Identical to Conference Premier. League winner gets £1,600,000.

9. Nationwide League 2 - Almost identical to Conference Premier and League 1 except 4 teams are relegated in total. Bottom 3 plus 1 from play-off. League winner gets £800,000.

10. Unibond Non-League Premiership - 24 team league where each team plays each other twice. Total of 46 games. Top three promoted plus 1 from play-off. Same at the bottom of the table. Winner gets £600,000.

11. Unibond Non-League Championship - Same as Non-League Premiership except no teams are releagted as their is no league below it. Winner of the league gets £300,000.

I've also created several cups to go along with these leagues. Five in total. Here they are:

-----Cups-----

1. FA Community Shield - Played on the week before the season starts, the Community Shield is a one off match played at Wembley. It involves the winners of the FA Premier League and the FA Cup playing against each other. The winner receives £4,000,000 for winning the game. Both teams receive £6,000,000 for playing at Wembley. So in total the winner will walk away with £10,000,000. The money has been put in to make the Community Shield a more important tournament to clubs.

2. The FA Cup sponsored by E-On - The magic of the FA Cup is sure to remain in this trophy despite having Scottish, Welsh and Irish teams invloved too. There are a total of 296 teams entering the tournament each year. The format of the cup is complicated but works a treat when in game. Here is the format:

Round 1: 48 teams start. 24 winners progress to next round.
Round 2: 24 winners from previous round + 48 teams added. 36 winners progress.
Round 3: 36 winners from previous round + 60 Nationwide teams. 48 winners progress.
Round 4: 48 winners from previous round + 72 npower teams. 60 winners progress.
Round 5: 60 winners from previous round + 68 top teams. 64 winners progress.
Round 6: 64 winners from previous round. 32 winners progress.
Round 7: 32 winners from previous round. 16 winners progress.
Round 8: 16 winners from previous round. 8 winners progress.
Quarter-Final: 8 winners from previous round. 4 winners progress.
Semi-Final: 4 winners from previous round. 2 winners progress.
Final: 2 winners from previous round. Winner wins the cup.

Winner of the FA Cup gets £26,000,000. (£20,000,000 for winning the final and £6,000,000 for appearing at Wembley). If the winner was to come from a team that entered at the 1st round (highly unlikely I know) then they would gain a total of £63,900,000 for winning 11 rounds.

3. Carling Cup - This is one of the two league cups that I created. It involves the top 68 teams in the country (22 VPL1, 22 VPL2, 24 CCSL teams). 8 teams from the Coca-Cola Super League play-off for a place in the group stage of the cup. 4 winners go through to leave 64 teams in the group stage. These teams are split into 16 groups of 4 with the top two from each group progressing to a round of 32. The competion then goes knockout until a winner is crowned on the 10.4.2011 at Wembley. The winner receives £21,000,000 (£15,000,000 for winning the final and £6,000,000 for appearing at Wembley).

4. AXA Trophy - This tournament is the league cup for lower league teams and offers these teams the chance to win a trophy and play on the big stages. The tournament involves 228 teams from the npower Championship all the way down to the English Isthmian League First Division South. It works in a similiar way to the FA Cup as it is a knockout tournament and the higher ranked teams enter at a later stage than the lower ones. Teams from the npower Championship are the last to enter and they do so at round 5. They must then win 6 rounds to win the tournament. Each round has two legs, home and away. The away goals rule is in use. The winner of the tournament picks up £12,000,000 (£6,000,000 for winning the tournament and £6,000,000 for appearing at Wembley).

5. Aviva Shield - This tournament is similiar to the Community Shield except the two competions that qualify winners are the Carling Cup and the AXA Trophy. The match is played at Wembley on the 17.4.2011 with the winner picking up £8,000,000 (£2,000,000 for winning the match and £6,000,000 for appearing at Wembley). This match is great as it is a reward to both teams for winning their respective cup. It is also great for the winner of the AXA Trophy as they are almost guaranteed the chance to play a massive side at Wembley. A chance that doesn't come along every day.

In addition to resurecting the leagues in England and adding other British and Irish teams I have also made some changes to some clubs. For example, I have given Hearts and Hibs around £30,000,000 in money to try and develop and improve their squads in preparation for the VPL1. I have also given many other Scottish teams in other leagues more money. I have also increased most ex SPL teams stadiums' capacity and increased the average turnout. For example, I have changed Tynecastle's capacity to 33,000 odd and made it almost full every week.

The leagues are quite rough at the moment and the English teams are still well on top but I'm hoping that after a few years the leagues will merge more and Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams will be able to challenge their English counterparts.

I've also made a terrific new format for the UEFA Champions League where it is the only European competition and there is no Europa League. It is quite complicated but again works a treat. If you want me to explain it then just post in this thread.

On top of all of that I have used GIMP to make some logos for these new leagues I created. The only thing is that I don't know how to upload these logos for downloading.

Thank you for reading all of this (if you did). Hope you enjoy.

EDIT: I've now given proper money to 116 teams in top 5 leagues. If you want to ask what league your team is in or how much money they have just post in this thread.

ojfatu.png
10zqutt.png
mlr2c0.png

Version2 is up for download. I have changed transfer funds for all teams in the Vodafone Premier League 1, Vodafone Premier League 2, Coca-Cola Super League, npower Championship and npower League 1. I have also changed stadium capacities for most Scottish teams.

Just in case you were wondering, the European Database is just an Add Continental Rules Database that I've saved. It involves the UEFA Champions League being the only continental competition and every country having participants in it.

I've used the 40 best countries in Europe according to UEFA co-efficient. It was originally 42 but then I took out Scotland and Rep of Ireland out because I didn't want tiny teams from there getting a bye to the group stages.

Because England is basically 5 different countries now I have given them 10 places for the tournament. Top 8 league places plus FA Cup and Carling Cup winner. Smaller countries like Montenegro only have 2 places. Here is the format of the tournament:

1st Qualifying Round - 128 teams start at this stage, 64 teams progress to next round. None of the big teams are at this stage but you might get the odd one like Olympiakos or Tottenham.

2nd Qualifying Round - 64 teams from previous round play each other. 32 teams progress to next round.

3rd Qualifying Round - 32 teams enter at this stage and play against 32 winners from previous round. 32 winners advance to 4th qualifying round. You're likely to find one half decent game in this round like Mallorca vs AZ Alkmaar.

Play-Off Round - 32 more teams are added and they play the 32 winners from the previous round. Some big teams enter at this stage such as Sporting Lisbon, Athletico Madrid and Hamburg. 32 winners advance to the group stage.

Group Stage - 32 winners from previous round are joined by 32 new teams and they complete a 64 team group stage. 16 groups of 4, top two from each group progress to Champions Group Stage. Example of a group: Basel, CSKA Moscow, Hamburg, Esbjerg FB

Champions Group Stage - 32 teams from previous round are joined by the 32 best teams in Europe to make up the Champions Group Stage. The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester Utd join here. Again it's 16 groups of 4 with the top 2 progressing. Example of a group: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, PSV

Knockout Round - 32 teams that qualified from the Champions Group Stage play-off here. 16 winners progress.

Round of 16 - 16 teams become 8.

Quarter Final - 8 teams become 4.

Semi Final - 4 teams become 2.

Final - 2 teams become 1.

(All knockout games are two-legged ties, home and away)

Winner of the UEFA Champions League gets £40,000,000 (£30,000,000 for winning the trophy and £10,000,000 for appearing in the final)

Version 3 is now up for download:

It includes all the features from the previous versions plus I have added both reserve and under 19s leagues. I have also increased the reputation of several clubs to help to attract better players. I gave the thought of a relegation playoff with teams from 2 divisions participating a go but I didn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Wow, I will most DEFINATELY be giving this a go, looks amazing!!

Will give it a go for sure, what league are Shelbourne in and have you edited their facilities or rep at all.

Looks fantastic mate. Might run a net game off this DB, it looks THAT good.

They're in the npower League 2 and no I haven't touched them. If you want me to I will.

Looks sweet mate,will try sometime later :)

Version2 is up for download. I have changed transfer funds for all teams in the Vodafone Premier League 1, Vodafone Premier League 2, Coca-Cola Super League, npower Championship and npower League 1. I have also changed stadium capacities for most Scottish teams.

Just in case you were wondering, the European Database is just an Add Continental Rules Database that I've saved. It involves the UEFA Champions League being the only continental competition and every country having participants in it.

I've used the 40 best countries in Europe according to UEFA co-efficient. It was originally 42 but then I took out Scotland and Rep of Ireland out because I didn't want tiny teams from there getting a bye to the group stages.

Because England is basically 5 different countries now I have given them 10 places for the tournament. Top 8 league places plus FA Cup and Carling Cup winner. Smaller countries like Montenegro only have 2 places. Here is the format of the tournament:

1st Qualifying Round - 128 teams start at this stage, 64 teams progress to next round. None of the big teams are at this stage but you might get the odd one like Olympiakos or Tottenham.

2nd Qualifying Round - 64 teams from previous round play each other. 32 teams progress to next round.

3rd Qualifying Round - 32 teams enter at this stage and play against 32 winners from previous round. 32 winners advance to 4th qualifying round. You're likely to find one half decent game in this round like Mallorca vs AZ Alkmaar.

Play-Off Round - 32 more teams are added and they play the 32 winners from the previous round. Some big teams enter at this stage such as Sporting Lisbon, Athletico Madrid and Hamburg. 32 winners advance to the group stage.

Group Stage - 32 winners from previous round are joined by 32 new teams and they complete a 64 team group stage. 16 groups of 4, top two from each group progress to Champions Group Stage. Example of a group: Basel, CSKA Moscow, Hamburg, Esbjerg FB

Champions Group Stage - 32 teams from previous round are joined by the 32 best teams in Europe to make up the Champions Group Stage. The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester Utd join here. Again it's 16 groups of 4 with the top 2 progressing. Example of a group: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, PSV

Knockout Round - 32 teams that qualified from the Champions Group Stage play-off here. 16 winners progress.

Round of 16 - 16 teams become 8.

Quarter Final - 8 teams become 4.

Semi Final - 4 teams become 2.

Final - 2 teams become 1.

(All knockout games are two-legged ties, home and away)

Winner of the UEFA Champions League gets £40,000,000 (£30,000,000 for winning the trophy and £10,000,000 for appearing in the final)

How do I load a database? :P I've put it in a folder called 'db' in the SI folders but it isn't coming up on the databases available to download. :(

Last edited:
How do I load a database? :P I've put it in a folder called 'db' in the SI folders but it isn't coming up on the databases available to download. :(

Once downloaded, create a folder in your Sports Interactive folder called Editor Data. Then put the downloaded DB in their and extract it. Then load the game > new game > select editor file > (the named DB) > confirm.

what league are Bray Wanderers in ? Going to give this a go, looks really good mate :)

Once downloaded, create a folder in your Sports Interactive folder called Editor Data. Then put the downloaded DB in their and extract it. Then load the game > new game > select editor file > (the named DB) > confirm.

Thanks man! Started with Celtic last night and not doing too good :( the only thing I can see is that there is no U19's/Reserve and the squad list is extremely complicated to maintain XD

I'll give setting up the reserves/u19s leagues a go. Don't really know how to do it but I'll find a tutorial somewhere.

For the guy who asked where Bray Wanderers are my answer is npower League 2 (tier 6)

Version 3 is now up for download:

It includes all the features from the previous versions plus I have added both reserve and under 19s leagues. I have also increased the reputation of several clubs to help to attract better players. I gave the thought of a relegation playoff with teams from 2 divisions participating a go but I didn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back