Ken Barnes

Reaction score
Hi folks, new member, but thought I'd post some progress of my latest FM2011 challenge.

Loaded up the British Steel Level 10 database, and started off as unemployed with Sunday League experience. Clicked "Go on holiday" and expected a long wait...

...but it wasn't to be! One day in, Cricklade Town of the Hellenic Football League Division One West gave me a job, and off I went!

Having amateur players is a really tough gig. Every time I get a good one (found a couple that are easily Blue Square Premier standard), some other club comes in and has them away! Halfway through my first season, and Michael O'Bourne was my top scorer with 17 goals. He decided to leave. Wasn't happy! :'(

14 games of the 28 league matches played, and I'm clear at the top by 6 points. In the 4th round of the FA Vase, and got knocked out of the Level 10 Cup in the first round after having a player sent off in extra-time.

The game's a bit slow due to the amount of leagues, but this is the most fun I've had playing FM in a LONG time :)

i've gone from league 9 to prem. it really is where you have the most fun on fm!

i've gone from league 9 to prem. it really is where you have the most fun on fm!

It really is! :)

I got promoted with Cricklade Town in my first year, and the board decided to go semi-pro. I've even got a wage budget now! :) :)

Apparently expected to be promoted this year. Odds of 4/5 to win the division! :)

Here you go SLSHOT01 - FM11 English National League to Level 10

I just got fired as manager of Cricklade Town. Was 9th in the division after 6 games, and out of both the FA Vase and the Level 9 Cup. Applied for a job at Quorn FC, and the board gave me the boot! Swines! :)

This is great have just started with Amersham.. I think you should put this in the challenge section and then people can post things such as end of season updates etc..

Having fun with this. Might just be an isolated case, but for some reason Manchester United and Chelsea are competing for the FA Vase competition... Noticed they are also entered into a number of other random cup competitions...

yeh i think theres a few problems with the extensions, mine has been ok ut i've heard people who have had a clone of man united replacing a BSP team with the same players history etc, so there's 2 man united's.

This isn't a clone the actual side is participating in these cups. Going to try a new save and see if it is just a glitch.

*Update*

Second straight save with Man U and Chelsea entering in the second prelim of the FA Vase. Going to try to get through a season and see if it is just a first season glitch. Other then this this database is quite fun!

Last edited:
This isn't a clone the actual side is participating in these cups. Going to try a new save and see if it is just a glitch.

*Update*

Second straight save with Man U and Chelsea entering in the second prelim of the FA Vase. Going to try to get through a season and see if it is just a first season glitch. Other then this this database is quite fun!

I heard about this problem...Are you running all the levels? If not, try doing that..Think that problem might go then

Yeah I'm playing in the lowest possible level. I've got a few other nations loaded (all of Great Britain, and Holland) but I don't think that would cause it. Any other ideas?

I wanted to use this database for a create a club type game and although I cloned/removed a team I think that is what caused the problem. I solved the problem I believe by renaming a club to make it the new side. Now a lower league team actually stands a chance at winning the lower league trophies :) Can't complain about that.

Hey guys!Can you post the DB here please?
I follwed the link you posted before from FanBoys but there is nowhere i can DL the DB from.
Thanks in advance!