Bromley FC - A journey

• Thread starter Thread starter Anthems
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4K

Anthems

Reaction score
In this story I will be attempting to get Bromley FC to the Premier Division all the way from the Blue Square Bet south division. Club history, pre-season and transfers will be talked about in the next post.

Please let me know that you are enjoying it if you are! Also this is my first major post so any improvements to layout, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Bromley FC club history

Founded: 1892
Won promotion from the Isthmian League in 2006/2007 season beating AFC Wimbledon and Billericay Town. They have stayed in this league since that season, some good league finishes, some bad. A notable player is Gareth McCleary who played for them between 2006 and 2008 scoring 10 goals in 35 games before he was signed by Nottingham Forest. Bromley won the FA amateur cup 3 times, the most famous in 1949 when they beat Romford at Wembley in front of 96,000 people which was a record crowd at that time.

Bromley FC pre-season fixtures

View attachment 296248

Pre-season is all about fitness, formations and trying out players so I take no notice of the results, although I did enjoy the win over Everton Reserves, where I thought we looked very solid and good going forward.

Bromley FC transfers

View attachment 296249

I was particularly pleased with the signing of Carel Tiofack who has earned a cap at U21 level for the ROI.

There positions are as follows:

Carel Tiofack - Striker/AM(RL)
Kofi Poyser - Striker
Steven Lozano-Calderon - AM(L) / M(L)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO SEE SCREEN-SHOTS OF THESE PLAYERS.

Bromley FC - August

View attachment 296289

We got off to a great start against Staines and dominated the whole match. In all honesty it could of been 5-0. We then lost narrowly to Eastbourne Borough and Chelmsford, however both games we deserved to lose, because we just didn't create enough. The final game of August was a big disappointment and we were shocking throughout the game.

Top Scorer - Pierre Joseph-Dubois (2)

Best Player - Pierre Joseph-Dubois (AMR)

September

View attachment 296290A much improved month started off with a great win over promotion contenders Farnborough. A well-fought battle away from home as we took all 3 points. Next up was AFC Hornchurch who, in contrast, were relegation candidates. We played well and in the end it was an easy 3 points against a poor team. The next two game were also good results, although we didn't play as well as the previous two games. The whole team wanted to end the month on a high, but unfortunately we weren't good enough on the day to even draw which was disappointing.

Top scorer - Carel Tiofack and Danny Waldren (2)

Best player - Moses Swaibu (CB)

Current League position - 11th

Bromley FC - October

View attachment 296336

I am quite pleased with these results, however I am slightly concerned about the two losses, where we never really got going and our defending, especially against Salisbury, was shocking at times. On a brighter the note, the fans were happy we beat Welling in the local derby.

Top scorer - 5 players (1)

Best player - Liam Harwood (CB) ***Only came on as late sub vs Salisbury due to needing a rest***

November

View attachment 296339

Only two league games this month due to heavy involvement in cup competitions. I felt we did enough to warrant a point against H&Y but it wasn't to be. Funnily enough I didn't think we were to good against Billericay but the home crowd spurred us on and we got a goal 10 minutes from time.

Top scorer - Chris Whincop (1)

Best player - Chris Whincop (ST)

The cups

View attachment 296348I am really pleased with our FA cup run at the moment, the highlight definitely beating League 2 Barnet. We have now earnt a draw against AFC Wimbledon, which will also be showcased on TV.

View attachment 296349

View attachment 296350

I am not pleased with having to go replays in both ties, when they both should of been winnable outright. Next up we have got Blue Square Premier side Dartford another, and frankly unwanted, local derby.

View attachment 296351

Current League Position - 8th

View attachment 296353

As a Chelmsford fan, I have just started a new season with us after doing all the editor data for our club on the editor. Can you please tell me how well your signings have done and any tips you have.

As a Chelmsford fan, I have just started a new season with us after doing all the editor data for our club on the editor. Can you please tell me how well your signings have done and any tips you have.

Carel Tiofack has scored 10 goals in 27 games for me. 4 in the league and 6 in the cup. His shooting, at times, is terrible but does have the ability to be deadly in the box. Kofi Poyser and Lozano-Calderon are very much for the future, however Calderon has played about 5 games and has shown his ability, managing to get into TOTW. I am aiming to get promoted this year and if I do there is no doubt these two will be on the loan list. I have brought in more players which I will be posting about next.

For tips I would firstly recommend taking the reports of players by your scouts with a pinch of salt as they have attributes of 5/20 on average for JPP AND JPA. So if you think he looks good enough sign him. Also do not try advanced tactics because being semi-Proffesional sides in this league they have a very limited amount of training days. Avoid fee - paying loans as this can be an excellent way of landing yourself in debt. Watch out for contract clauses as well. But, most importantly win as many FA cup games as possible. This can be a great way to make money and also if you are a small club and get to th 1st, 2nd or 3rd round you should get on TV and this means more money. Remember at this level any little bit of money earns is great. Hope this helps

Okay yes thanks that helps alot. Can you also please follow my story which I will be posting up the first results of the season soon?

Bromley FC - December

View attachment 296881

I am really pleased with these results, apart from a draw against bottom of the table Welling. But these games were mostly against top half teams and we didn't lose which is really encouraging. On the whole a good December where we picked up 12 points out of a possible 18. We also kept 4 clean sheets.

Top scorer - 6 players (1)

Best player - Jerome Sobers (CB)

January

View attachment 296885

A disappointing month which saw us win just one game. We looked very tired throughout the month, which was clearly the problem and we had a lot of injury problems.

Top scorer - 3 players (1)

Best player - Jerome Sobers (CB)

Transfers latest

View attachment 296887

6 new players have joined the club, who I will try to incorporate into the team next season (apart from the on-loan player), however most have already been given a chance.

The cups

My cups run didn't go on any further losing to AFC Wimbledon and then Dartford, both of which were expected.

View attachment 296891

View attachment 296892

League Table

View attachment 296894

As you can see it is very tight at the top but I back my team to get into one of the promotion spots.​

Due to a maths mock, which I forgot about, posting will not commence until 1st of February now. I will then cover the months of February and March.

Back