Bruce says Welbeck deal unlikely

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 744

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sunderland manager Steve Bruce concedes that it will be very difficult to sign on-loan Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck on a permanent basis.

More...

Sunderland will be in the market for a striker in the summer then because they will now only have Gyan and Fraizer Campbell in the summer.

That's bad news for Sunderland as everytime I've seen him he's looked very good and also they don't have many strikers. :S

Does that mean he has a future at United, then? :O

Unfortunate for Sunderland as he has played so well for them this season.
They'll probably be looking for a new striker in the Summer, they can't survive with Gyan & Campbell alone.

Not really a surprise.We all know how highly Ferguson thinks of him and that he has a massive future for United and at England.

I know Welbeck has done well at Sunderland but where would he fit in to SAF's plans? I think he will just go back out on loan again IMO

Obviously. Man United would want him after what he did at Sunderland.

Cant Sunderland just try to sign him on loan again??

Was never going to sign him permanently considering Fergie's opinion of him.

I know Welbeck has done well at Sunderland but where would he fit in to SAF's plans? I think he will just go back out on loan again IMO

He'd be 4th choice striker unless Diouf and Macheda do something great. He can play on the flanks as well so he's versatile which means he can fill in for Giggs, Nani or Valencia if injured or there is a lot of games to play.

He'll rotate with Giggs/Berbatov on the wing and up front I assume. With Obertan more than likely leaving this summer, there'll be a gap - and with Berbatov getting older and Macheda not having much experience either, he'll be a stop gap for the next season before he becomes a regular the season after. Much like Tom Cleverley too...

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I forgot about Diouf.. hopefully he'll be sold in the summer. He's looked **** poor.

I hope if he does go back to Manchester that he does get played, dont want to see the talent hes got wasted sat on the bench getting 5 minute cameo's. Would love to see him at Newcastle, but somehow I doubt that!

I wonder if he'll try to (or succeed in) bring(ing) him back on loan for another season. Playing time at a competitive PL club can only be beneficial although I guess the more time spent with the Utd squad the better for his development, especially if he's going to play.

He'll rotate with Giggs/Berbatov on the wing and up front I assume. With Obertan more than likely leaving this summer, there'll be a gap - and with Berbatov getting older and Macheda not having much experience either, he'll be a stop gap for the next season before he becomes a regular the season after. Much like Tom Cleverley too...

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I forgot about Diouf.. hopefully he'll be sold in the summer. He's looked **** poor.

Obertan to leave? But he only just got here. I hope you mean on-loan. But I agree, he will help rotate with Giggs and Berbatov whilst Giggs starts to rest into retirement and Berbatov starts to have more competition. Y'know, with Hernandez an' all.

apparently fergie wants him and cleverly to be a big part of manchester united next season :D

Obertan to leave? But he only just got here. I hope you mean on-loan. But I agree, he will help rotate with Giggs and Berbatov whilst Giggs starts to rest into retirement and Berbatov starts to have more competition. Y'know, with Hernandez an' all.

No, I mean permanently.

I expect him to to leave because this will be the end of his 2nd season at the club, and he's made no strides, no real progress and has apparently told Ferguson he wants to play regular football - which he just isn't going to get. Also, considering we spend £7M on Bebe, and he's only been here a year, I expect him to stay over Obertan.

Back