BTEC National Level 3 Sports Psychology Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Does anybody do or has anyone done this in college before?
I'm currently studying it, and I'm so baffled by one of my assignments!
If you think you can help.. please let me know!

Thank you

What have you got to do in the assignment?

You have been appointed by your local sports development department to work as a sport psychologist to prepare the local teams for their relevant competitions. You have been asked to prepare training materials for one of the sports of your choice.

Task 1 (P1, M1, D1)

Learners will need to cover a range of personality theories and present research on how personality affects performance in sport. The department has asked this to be presented in the form of a written document.

You should include:

• A description of how personality affects behaviour in sports environments.

You should outline the relevant features of each theory;

· trait theory

· social learning theory

· Situational approach

· Interactional approach

· Type A & Type B

• A further explanation of how personality affects behaviour in sports environments. You will need to provide more detail on each theory and give examples to support each theory

• An evaluation of how personality affects behaviour in sports environments. Learners will also have to be able to draw out the strengths and weaknesses of each theory and come to a valid conclusion about each theory’s reliability.

# # # # # # # #

You must now describe motivation and how it affects Sports performance.

The department has asked for this to be presented in the form of 2 mind maps which can be A2 or A3 in size and should include:

• Define the following types of motivation;

Intrinsic
Extrinsic
Achievement motivation
To include both positive and negative aspects

• A description of the factors which affect the motivation of athletes

• A list or an explanation of the intrinsic and extrinsic factors which motivate athletes to succeed at sport.

im guessing a mind map is todays politically correct version of a brain storm?

Well, I do P.E at school as an option, but I don't think I can really help you there mate, sorry.

Nah, I did P.E.
This is a college thingy, so much more difficult, but very fun.
I'd recommend it :P

I hate Mods - They killed my gran

just saw that in your sig. LOL. i wasnt there for the bashing of that guys gran, shame.

im no help mate, i know how to motivate the u14 team that i coach, but ive only got coaching badges, no sports pysch degree

:'(
Darn it...
Really hoped someone would be able to help me out with this... :'(

No it's very enjoyable..
But my class is stupid and chose to have deadlines shorter so that we get it all done quicker and have more time at the end of the year to finish the stuff already.. so instead of my teacher teaching this stuff to us, we have to research it. But there is nothing anywhere, that specifically relates to the questions! :/

You should just ask your teachers for help, i'm sure they would be more than willing to help you if your unsure what to do. I wouldn't leave it too late to ask either.

Hey I did this is college earlier this year :D

What are you stuck on?

You should just ask your teachers for help, i'm sure they would be more than willing to help you if your unsure what to do. I wouldn't leave it too late to ask either.

I would, but we got given the assignment on Friday, been on half-term this week, and its due Monday 10pm. So.. yeah, abit stuck.

Hey I did this is college earlier this year :D

What are you stuck on?

The task above dude! Please help :)

The motivation bit is quite simple.. isnt intrinsic something to do with what the player will get out the game? And extrinsic outside factors that affect performance? I did a bit of this when i did GCSE P.E but my memory is a blur, i do English at uni now haha.

The motivation bit I know, but I don't know what the Positive or Negative aspects of each one are...

The motivation bit I know, but I don't know what the Positive or Negative aspects of each one are...

Positive ones could be team mates who want to achieve the same thing, a desire to win or something? Negative ones might be social life and stuff, I cant really remember that part ha

The positive and negative aspects of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation?

Ah the old 'Pass', 'Merit', 'Distinction' system.

How I miss thee! :(

Back