Bugs!!! - was this game playtested by EA?

• Thread starter Thread starter hangar18
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

hangar18

Reaction score
Ok, unlike FIFA 12 the bugs are by no means show stopping but are begining to really irritate me. The main bugs which cause most grief, in no particular order of importance are....

1. I have a scout that provides 3 updates every day simultaneously from different parts of the world. He does not have a roaming assignment and how he can provide 3 updates simultaneously from Europe, Africa and the South America all in 1 day every day is quite something. Travel time alone would mean he couldnt do this.

2. Problems selecting PK / FK takers. The game wont let me do it at times.

3. The regen/ population bug. I play in scotland and 5 seasons in there are far too many good young players available on free contracts. Teams like St Mirren are full of 4-5 star rated players. I realise the star rating system is relative but even taking this into account, something is badly wrong. Real Madrid would be interested in half the St Mirren players and St Mirren arent alone. Dunfermline have a few world class players too (e.g. a striker has Pace=19, finishing 18, high tactical stats etc).

4. FIFA rankings are completely mucked up. Ivory coast are the number 1 team in the world, Scotland are in the top 10 (being scottish I'd love this to be true but it is a pipe dream). Worst of all I dont think the Ivory coast even participated in the last WC let alone win it (which would probably be needed for them to reach no 1). Dont know whats going on here but it sure aint realistic. Teams seem to go up and down 50 places on a whim.

Oh and btw, I am patched to the download that happened a week or so ago.

the ivory coast were in the last world cup in the same group as brazil, portugal and north korea

Yes but they werent in the 2014 world cup!

I'm 5 seasons in you see.

1) Scouts can view videos, they don't have to travel.

2) Personally haven't encountered any issues with this. Do you mean when editing set pieces?

3) How many leagues do you have loaded up? Just Scotland, or others? This can have an effect.

4) Haven't noticed anything fishy and would have to see Ivory Coast match results to see if it was a bug or some other reason. If my memory is right the Africa Cup of Nations tournament takes place in 2012, 2013, and 2015. That should provide plenty of opportunity for Ivory Coast to rack up FIFA points, not to mention the Confederations Cup.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know if EA did test the game. I would have thought SI would have done it.

Yes the reason I said EA and not SI is becuase EA have a solid track record of bypassing the beta testing stage altogether as evidenced by their release of FIFA 10, 11 and 12.

Not sure how you can complain about playtesting ( it was by the way) when you havent even verified that these are bugs

Cerpy's post is pretty much spot oon

@mike: what do you mean havent even verified if they are bugs? They are bugs on my version at least! If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend they dont exist then fine but I can assure you they exist in my version. I appreciated Cerpy's reply but it doest help answer the bugs for me for the following reasons...

1. I havent even assigned the scout to roam the world - he is assigned to Denmark and only Denmark so regardless of the possible video usage he is not doing what he has been asked to do. Obvious conclusion: A bug.

2. I cannot assign people to take freekicks via the click and drop menu screen. I have noticed others have complained about this too. Only conclusion: A bug.

3. Only using 1 league. Regardless of whether 1 league is assigned or many the situation is not realistic. Ok technically not a bug, but poor dynamics

4. That is true but it is impossible to be no. 1 without partaking in the world cup. The reason I know this is because I wrote a footy mgt game recently and had to look at how FIFA award points for the various competitions. You get double or treble for wins in the WC. Furthermore if Ivory coast didnt qualify, they would have done poorly in their pre-qual African group comp making it even more difficult. Additionally teams move up and down by 50 places from 1 period to the next. Obvious conclusion: A bug.

Sensing alot of disbelief but I dont really know how anyone can argue with this. This is most certainly happening in my experience even if its not for you.

@mike: what do you mean havent even verified if they are bugs? They are bugs on my version at least! If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend they dont exist then fine but I can assure you they exist in my version. I appreciated Cerpy's reply but it doest help answer the bugs for me for the following reasons...

1. I havent even assigned the scout to roam the world - he is assigned to Denmark and only Denmark so regardless of the possible video usage he is not doing what he has been asked to do. Obvious conclusion: A bug.

2. I cannot assign people to take freekicks via the click and drop menu screen. I have noticed others have complained about this too. Only conclusion: A bug.

3. Only using 1 league. Regardless of whether 1 league is assigned or many the situation is not realistic. Ok technically not a bug, but poor dynamics

4. That is true but it is impossible to be no. 1 without partaking in the world cup. The reason I know this is because I wrote a footy mgt game recently and had to look at how FIFA award points for the various competitions. You get double or treble for wins in the WC. Furthermore if Ivory coast didnt qualify, they would have done poorly in their pre-qual African group comp making it even more difficult. Additionally teams move up and down by 50 places from 1 period to the next. Obvious conclusion: A bug.

Sensing alot of disbelief but I dont really know how anyone can argue with this. This is most certainly happening in my experience even if its not for you.

If they don't happen on Mike.'s games, then how can he possibly be 'pretending they don't exist'? For him, they never existed in the first place.

1) Scouts use prior knowledge and their own 'contacts' in order to gather information about new players which is a possible reason why he's giving you info from outside of Denmark. Also, I have never had one scout provide three updates each day, from three different continents.

2) Never had it happen to me, never seen anyone complain about it either.

3) Isn't a bug.

4) Hasn't happened in any of my saves. Sometimes nations just rise like that though.

The reason you just gave as to why nobody should argue with this is exactly why we are: it hasn't happened in the vast majority of peoples' games, otherwise we'd all know about them already.

cant believe people are complaining about the scout reports wizzing so fast.

try to take advantage of it.

Hey all, not sure where to post this, but this is definitely a bug:

I love the crowd noise, as it adds a real sense of realism to the game, but for whatever reason, the noise doesn't stop when the match has ended.... it keeps going until I quit and exit the match. That's really the only thing I have noticed.

I have FM 2012 for Mac, DLed through steam

Thanks in advance

1) don't know

2) in previous fm you could assign players easily into free kicks etc... now it's a max of six. I've seen this myself. When you drag them over nothing happens.
Penalties are different since you can assigen through the tactics page and not just the set piece editor.

3) Ratings are in regards to the division (and class of division) St Mirren are playing in. My feeder team is Bradford, their Forward has 4 1/2 stars but when I scout him he is only good enough for league 1.

4) don't know

EA?
Are you talking about FIFA, or FM 2012?
Ivory Coast was in the WC in South Africa.

And at the PK/ FK bug, are you trying to say that you cant drag the players onto the list?
I experienced that, restart the game and that will be fixed.

All happened in my game.

I've also posted this as a thread but my contact negotiations are locked saying board restrictions. Despite mo message from the board. 5mil in funds and 50k in available wages.

Took both the Madrid job and psg as they had silly cash available and the same restrictions are in place.

I'm really annoyed.

Back