Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

THIS IS IT!!!!

Right so here it goes - 3rd time lucky hopefully on FM15. I have spent the best part of a week getting facepacks, logos and kits sorted and have decided to protect myself against crash dumps by saving it weekly and immediately after the final game of the month so the updates arent ruined.

I am going to be using the original database so its a tad out of date but not too bad.

I have decided to manage Atalanta who I enjoyed a save with a few years ago.

--

images

ATALANTA B.C.

Atalanta are the team I have picked for several reasons. They have never been successful and have only one Coppa Italia victory to their name which came in the 60's but they did reach the Cup-Winners Cup semis in 1988 while they were not in Serie A which is the best performance in a European competition by a club outside the top division.

Another plus point is the fact that the youth facilities are really high and the club in the past has brought through the likes of Roberto Donadoni, Giampaolo Pazzini, Amadeo Cabrini, Gaetano Scirea and Riccardo Montolivo as well as giving Filippo Inzaghi and Christian Vieri a stage to shine.

The club doesnt have much in the terms of finances and doesnt have any world class players so the rise to the top could take a while.

--

images

The club plays at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia which holds just under 25,000 and it is shared with Serie C side AlinoLeffe. It has virtually no cover and doesnt get great reviews apparently but home is where the heart is!!!

--

Last edited:
images

PRE-SEASON

So I decided to take over the club without even checking their squad out and what became immediately apparent was that despite having a lauded youth set-up the first team (especially the defence) was ancient. I will go into it further in the transfers section but lets just say I got rid of a load of OAPs.

--

PLAYERS IN

I only had a couple of million to spend and that was after the board increased the wage budget!!! I definately needed two centre backs and one right back and that was my priority.

Firstly I brought in my new RB in the shape and form of Lucas who was available on a free transfer. He will be my first choice rb and hopefully will perform great and we can maybe cash in on him in the future.
View attachment 323576

Despite culling the OAPs I was forced to bring in two veteran centre halves in Diego Lugano and Oguchi Onyewu. Needs must I am afraid and they are stop gaps until I can finance some deals to get younger players in.
View attachment 323571View attachment 323570

I brought in a new goalkeeper as I spent $2.1m on Lovre Kalinic from Hajduk Split. I have never heard of him before but he looks decent enough and at the age of 24 he can still develop further.
View attachment 323569

The only other money I spent was $125,000 to Belarussian side Neman Grodno for their left winger Pavel Savitskiy. At 20 years of age he has a lot of potential and I see him to being a key player for the future.
View attachment 323568

Finally I brought in Swiss striker Innocent Emeghara in on a free transfer. He will compete with German Denis as my starter and hopefully he can be sold on for a profit in a year or two.
View attachment 323566

--

PLAYERS OUT

And now for the details of the cull. I released the following players (their age in brackets) - Giuseppe Biava (37), Giampaolo Bellini (34), Cristian Raimondi (33) and Giorgio Frezzolini (38) as well as selling a few for a pittance in Lionel Scaloni (36), Giulio Migliaccio (33) and Guglielmo Stendardo (33).

I terminated the loan spells of Vlada Avramov (35), Rolando Bianchi (31) and Valerio Rossetti (20) and I loaned out a ton of youngsters including a few to my new feeder side Slavia Prague.

--

SQUAD

I better not have many injuries!!!! In Serie A you can name 12 subs and I will struggle to do that in truth. In my mind my starting XI will be

Kalinic

Drame - Lugano - Benalouane - Lucas

Cigarini - Carmona

Savitskiy (LW) - Moralez - Gomez (RW)

Denis

Alejandro Gomez is going to be my star man methinks. The 26y/o is a creative player who I hope will rack up the assists and get a few goals.
View attachment 323564

Having said that - Maxi Moralez looks not too bad either!!!
View attachment 323563

I promoted 2 young central midfielders into the first team set up. Mario Pugliese and Alberto Grassi will get some game time and hopefully develop into first choice picks in a year or two.
View attachment 323562View attachment 323561

As ever in Italy I have a million players out on loan. I havent checked even a 3rd of them but I would like to have the likes of Marilungo, Capelli, Nica, Brivio, Giorgi and Canini back as they would be in my first team squad.

Another story blimey!

Good luck with this one mate!

Another story blimey!

Good luck with this one mate!

Yeah - I am getting ****** off myself. Just want to get into a save but the FM gods arent letting me!!! I cant expect peeps to check my story out if i continually have to restart.

Good luck. Your stories have always been great!!

I know this post was almost a year ago, but it was very well written, and as I have just embarked on my first campaign with the Italians I found it very interesting.

Like you, I had a cull of the veterans also. But I brought in Adam Matthews at right back from Celtic for £1.5M and promoted a few of my 2nd string into the first team.