Building a Legacy with SC Paderborn 07

• Thread starter REALaBDiNHo
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 5K
R

REALaBDiNHo

So after one failed story on FM15, I have finally decided on a team. Paderborn!! They have been a team that has caught my eye in the Bundesliga this year in real life and I am hoping to make them a great side in this save. So let’s see how I get on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 329359

The History of SC Paderborn 07:

Paderborn was founded in 1907 and does not have much top flight experience. The trophy cabinet is basically empty, but I am hoping to change that!

View attachment 329358

Facilities:

The infrastructure of the club is decent, but we are not going to be pulling any German Iniestas or Xavis with these facilities. Also, I am hoping to get the youth recruitment of the club higher as soon as possible. It is just utter garbage at the moment.

And..... it starts now. The ascendancy to greatness.

Preseason 2014/2015 (July & August)

Going into the club I overhauled the whole staff pretty much bringing in a totally new crew.

View attachment 329357

In terms of transfers not much happened with just one player coming in. He is going to be just another solid midfielder for rotation.

View attachment 329356

View attachment 329355

The reason for this was the fact I was only given about 250 thousand pounds to spend on new signings and that is just not good enough. On a more positive note the squad was not lacking in terms of quantity, but quality wise was another story. 65% of the first team squad are just leading 2. Bundesliga players. This is going to be a hard campaign.

Star Players:

View attachment 329354

He will need to bang in the goals for us if we are to do well.

View attachment 329353

The engine, the maestro. He is everything for our midfield and will need to dictate the tempo of the game if my style our play will work.

View attachment 329352

View attachment 329351

Our left and right wingers respectively. They are hopefully going to lead us going forward and be the creative force.

Rest of the squad

View attachment 329350

View attachment 329349

Just to put things into perspective, three stars is a leading 2. Bundesliga player and three and a half is a decent Bundesliga player.

The tactic

I am using the Lokito tiki taka tactic because I am a huge tiki taka fan and want my team to play that way. It will be interesting to see how it works for a smaller team.

View attachment 329344

Preseason friendlies

Paderborn vs Thun

0-0

Boring match

DSV Leoben vs Paderborn

1-5

Stoppelkamp x4, Koc

That's more like it.

SV Seekirchen vs Paderborn

1-4

Thuringer (og), Saglik, Stoppelkamp, Koc

Wolfsberger AC vs Paderborn

2-2

Saglik, Hartherz

Dresden vs Paderborn

1-2

Stoppelkamp, Kachunga

Ertfurt vs Paderborn

1-1

Rupp

Aachen vs Paderborn

0-0

Harkemase Boys vs Paderborn

0-2

Kachunga, Bruckner

Willebroek vs Paderborn

0-7

Rupp, Rafa, Pepic (x2), Ducksch, Saglik, Ziegler

First Competitive Game

DFB-Pokal 1st Round

Aue vs Paderborn

2-3 AET

Stoppelkamp (x2), Ducksch

This was not good enough. If we want to stay up we need to be putting these types of games to bed. Way too close.

Final Thoughts

Interesting this. I really do not know what to expect. Previous experience has shown me that the Bundesliga is more open, but anything but lower mid table is unrealistic in my opinion. It should be an interesting campaign to say the least and it starts with a game away to Frankfurt and then at home to Mainz. That will do it for August and then an international break will follow.

August, September, and Beginning of Oct.

View attachment 329341

Moving forward?!

Frankfurt vs Paderborn

0-2

Kachunga, Vrancic

Our two stars combine to get us an important win away from home. Vrancic's goal was an especially great one with it being a 25 yard screamer of a free kick.

Paderborn vs Mainz

3-0

Kachunga, Koc, Vrancic

Kachunga and Vrancic are on the scoreboard again as we dismantle Mainz in front of our fans. It was a great performance.

September

Koln vs Paderborn

1-2

Kachunga, Stoppelkamp

This was not as convincing as our first two wins, but a win is a win and I will take it. Especially away from home.

Paderborn vs Borussia Dortmund

1-1

Ouali

I can't fault the lads they gave it everything and after Ramos scored in the 46th minute, I thought we would fall apart. Thankfully the boys kept working and we got the equalizer from Ouali in the 80th minute off a great volley. This is a great result against a strong Dortmund outfit.

Paderborn vs Hannover

6-0

Kachunga (x2), Koc (x2), Ouali, Stoppelkamp

This was an abolutely amazing performance. We played out of our socks for the full minutes and played Hannover absolutely off the park. This was especially impressive coming only 3 days after the Dortmund match.

Hertha Berlin vs Paderborn

3-2

Kachunga (x2)

It is a disappointing result. We were broken by swift and deadly counter attacks and great goals by the Berlin side. On a positive note, Kachunga is the top scorer in the Bundesliga.

First match of October

Paderborn vs Hamburg

3-1

Bakalorz, Vrancic, Kachunga

Another game and back to winning ways! Beautiful football was played and Kachunga scored yet again!

League Table

View attachment 329333

As you can see we are top of the league. This has been quite an unbelievable start to the season. Also, Kachunga is the top scorer with Vrancic being the best rated player in the league with 3 goals and 3 assists. He has been amazing for us.

Player of the month

It was close, but it has to go to the man, the myth, the legend, Elias Kachunga!!!

View attachment 329332

Recap

So our season has started brilliantly and we will see how long this can keep going. Hopefully we won't crash and burn, but I do think that our results will balance themselves out when the gulf in class really does become apparent. During the majority of September we were without most of our central midfielders through injury which was a bit problematic, but our squad is now at full strength and there is no reason this run cannot go on.