robbieboro82

Reaction score
........JULY 2019

So I decided to begin a new Career, but rather than start at game start with a chosen team, I decided to simulate the game until a interesting job became available....

It took 2 full seasons for an opportunity to present itself that I thought would be worthwhile.

So what has been happening around the world over the last 2 years, not much to be honest, there has been no real shocks.

WORLD CUP
Spain beat Croatia on pens after drawing 2-2 in normal time.
England went out in the QF against France.
Anthony Martial wins Golden Boot

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Manchester Utd won both the 2017/18 and the 2018/19 Trophy.

EUROPA LEAGUE
Paris Saint-Germain won the 2017/18 Trophy and
Leverkusen won the 2018/19 Trophy

PREMIERSHIP
Manchester Utd Dominate the domestic league as well as Europe as they win back to back titles

FA CUP
Arsenal win the 2017/18 Cup and
Man Utd win the 2018/19 Cup giving them a Treble in 2018/19 Season

CARABAO CUP
Arsenal won the 2017/18 Cup
Liverpool won't the 2018/19 Cup

AROUND THE WORLD
In Spain Barcelona and Real Madrid share one title each with Messi finishing with 22 goals in one season and Jonathan Calleri grabbing 27 the following season.
Paris Saint Germain win back to back titles in France with Neymar and Cavani winning top scorers awards.
Juventus continue domination in Italy with 2 titles, Higuain and Beloit winning top scorers awards.
Germany was dominated as usual by Bayern who won both titles, Kevin Volland winning the top scorer.

TRANSFERS

I updated a few transfers before I started the game, i.e. Ronaldo to Juventus and a few of the bigger transfers.
Here are a few of the big movers:

View attachment 40311

So finally in Mid July 2 Opportunities arose which were quite exciting, positions became available at MONACO and LEEDS UTD.

I thought the Monaco Job would excite me the most but after speaking to them I wasn't that convinced.

Leeds on the other hand had just been taken over and had a huge cash injection, the task of getting Leeds back up to the top seemed like an amazing prospect.

View attachment 40310

I went in for both interviews regardless and I was overlooked for Monaco, the job going to Claude Puel....but I was offered the Leeds Job....so I took it!!

View attachment 40309
The First Empire I'm looking to build is now the LEEDS UTD EMPIRE.....how long it will take....will I even stay here long, we'll soon find out!!

NEXT UPDATE - PRE SEASON (JULY/AUGUST)

Last edited: