Building for the future

• Thread starter Thread starter avstu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

avstu

Reaction score
I am currently Real Madrid (first time I have ever been a top side so fancied a change) and I took over as I wanted to not only be successful but build a team for the future also.

I have just finished my first season having won La Liga, and reaching the semi final in the Champions League.

I believe that next season as my players that I brought in during the first season will be more settled I will be a stronger outfit so despite having £107M to spend I don't really need to spend it.

So I took a look at the B,C and U19 setups at Real only to notice that the lack of quality is really poor. Barcelona and Bayern Munich are well known for bringing through their own talent so this is something I would like to be able to achieve at Real.

I have asked the board to upgrade the facilities to the highest standards, and I have just employed a new Head of Development. Having scouted around I have noticed that clubs are asking for £3-5M on 15-16 year old's which I think is shocking. Is this because I am Real? Or is this just how the game is?

Also any tips to help me achieve my goal would be much appreciated.

most young players you will have to pay 4-5 million on them, it's really something that SI need to look at

Ahh so it is a problem in the game then. Shame really.

In my saves, the problem lies in the players he actually bids for/recommends. As they are exclusively from teams playing in the highest division from Spain/England/Italy/France/Germany, these players are bound to be more expensive. A team like West Ham for example would not settle for anything less than 3-5mill if Man U swooped in and made a bid for one if their young bright prospects.

Now, when my scouts finds gems from teams with lower reputation, then they never demand this kind of money.

In my saves, the problem lies in the players he actually bids for/recommends. As they are exclusively from teams playing in the highest division from Spain/England/Italy/France/Germany, these players are bound to be more expensive. A team like West Ham for example would not settle for anything less than 3-5mill if Man U swooped in and made a bid for one if their young bright prospects.

Now, when my scouts finds gems from teams with lower reputation, then they never demand this kind of money.

I only have the top two leagues in both Spain and England loaded but with a large database. Is it worth me looking at loading some lower leagues?

Or should I send my scouts to a certain place.

I only have the top two leagues in both Spain and England loaded but with a large database. Is it worth me looking at loading some lower leagues?

Or should I send my scouts to a certain place.

My point was that the HOYD only seems to go for players with high(ish) reputation, but the scouts don't only go for that. Now, you can scout regions or nations and they will find you hot prospects as you have a big enough databas, no worries

If you sign the players up before they sign pro-terms your probably looking at €2 million compo max which is reasonable enough IMO.

If you wait until the player has already signed terms with his club then they can hold you to random - which is again fair enough.

If Barca had managed to sign terms with Cesc for example it would have taken a lot of cash to persuade them to let him go to Arsenal. They were fuming about it at the time.

Back