Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone knows what it takes to create rivalries with other clubs that are displayed in the Club - General page?

I know competitive rivalries can be formed in the game as I've seen them from custom databases where I've simmed far into the future, but I've never noticed any in my personal saves (although I've rarely looked). Has anyone noticed that they've formed a rivalry with a club, and if so what happened to form it?

Yep - I took over Preussen Munster halfway through the first season at the bottom of the 3rd tier and in 2031 we are the best team in the Bundesliga with multiple Champions League and Bundesliga titles. Schalke, Bayern and Dortmund are still highly competitive though and all of them are listed as rivals on the club information screen, and have for a while.

Schalke were the first to appear as rivals despite generally being the weakest of the three and my theory is that we played a couple of significant cup matches against one another, along with key league games, and had results go both ways. I think playing high stakes matches and having varying results can develop a rivalry. I'd say it's likely to only appear in the information once it reaches a certain level (50/100 for example) but is likely developing the whole way through