Burnley 1-1 Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 447

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Graham Alexander's penalty earns Burnley a draw against Arsenal in an exciting game at Turf Moor.

More...

Should have probably been 2-1 Burnley, but I'll take this result.

You were dominating us until Fabregas went off, I thought it was going to be a cricket score until he was injured, carved our defence open numerous times and the interplay between him and Arshavin is amazing.
Second half Burnley played very well esp. Eagles and McDonald. Jordan marked Walcott out of the game and forced Wenger into the substitution.

We should have had a another penalty for the Silvestre tackle/ hand ball which were both inside the box, and I think Fletcher's 'goal' was onside. But other than that a good game to watch, entertaining football from two teams that have the correct footballing ethos, in bringing young talented players through the ranks and playing attractive, attacking and passing football.

We didnt deserve to win so well played to burnley, feel sorry for arshavin wenger should play him left wing not upfront should give bendtner a run to lead the line. Burnley will definitely survive relegation in my opninion and birmingham of course.

Hope we smash hull this saturday to get back to winning ways.

Last edited:
The problem with Burnley is that they can play well and get points against some of the bigger teams but really struggle against teams in the lower half of the table.

good purformance from burnley and probaly deserved the win. turf moor is a fortress.

a point isn`t that bad man u lost there and they know how to play against good teams at home can`t moan still 2 points dropped. glad to see burnley doing well at the start of the season the were picked by many to go straight back down without at fight and theve proved that that isn`t going to be the case even if they are relugated this season theve put up a dam good fight with some top results at home!

Burnley are still looking exceptional at home even though people keep saying they cant keep this form up. Must improve on their away form though if they are going to stay where they are in the table, starting with a tricky trip to the fully rested ( much controversially) Wolves. Think this could be a good high scoring game.

Back