Burnley complete Mears transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 829

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Burnley sign former Derby County defender Tyrone Mears for a fee in the region of £500,000.

More...

WOW!!! This puts Ronaldo's Madrid move well in the shade.Burnley are going to have to buy bigger and better than Mears if they are going to have a chance of staying up.I know they have had good cup results against Premier League teams in the past, but playing against them week in, week out, is a completely different kettle of fish.

WOW!!! This puts Ronaldo's Madrid move well in the shade.Burnley are going to have to buy bigger and better than Mears if they are going to have a chance of staying up.I know they have had good cup results against Premier League teams in the past, but playing against them week in, week out, is a completely different kettle of fish.

Agree, I won't see them staying too much in PRM.

wow ! your not even in the prem so don't talk sh*t!

wow ! your not even in the prem so don't talk sh*t!

Mears is a good full back when he puts his effort into it but he isn't very loyal. When he was with us as soon as he heard Marseille wanted him he didn't even speak to the manager, he just got on a plane to France lol. Glad to see the back of him now.

obv not that amazing as marseille didnt make a bid. and he wasnt that great at derby to be fair

realisticly he'll be good in a pinch but I think put him up against world class strikers and wingers week in week out and it could break him.

Didn't Derby have one of the worst defensive records for quite a while a couple of seasons ago? I wouldn't be looking to Derby for a defender if you ask me.

Sorry Craven :P

never really seen the lad play...will this mean Alexander will be axed though

i think burnley might do a derby (fail spectacularly if you didn't realise). no offence burnley lad

Back