Burnley v Blackburn

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 611

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Burnley and Blackburn in the Premier League.

More...

A big game, but I think Blackburn will edge it due to their better physical ability.

Setting off in a few mins. Biggest game we have played for a few years. We haven't beat them in 31 years. Now's as good a time as any to get a result.

Their away form is poor, I think it will be a draw, 2-2.

If Burnley don't get 3 points I can see them going down.

I'm thinking either Blackburn 2-1 or a 2-2 draw

If Burnley don't get 3 points I can see them going down.

I'm thinking either Blackburn 2-1 or a 2-2 draw

It was all over after the defeat to Pompey at home. No passion, no fight, nothing.

It was all over after the defeat to Pompey at home. No passion, no fight, nothing.
Yeah, you didn't look the same. We played quite well but it was more of poor misses from your side and the passing from you on that particular day was awful.

Shame to see you in this position as I followed Burnley all of last season through their cup wins etc

Close game i reckon

I'll go for a 2-1 Blacburn Victory

Yeah, you didn't look the same. We played quite well but it was more of poor misses from your side and the passing from you on that particular day was awful.

Shame to see you in this position as I followed Burnley all of last season through their cup wins etc

I think it is fair to say we have the weakest squad in the league so when such a great motivator left, in Owen Coyle, we were always going to struggle (even more so), he could get the extra we needed out of the team to play above their normal level of ability, now we have someone who can't get the extra needed out of the players to compete at the level, we are basically a mid-championship team who punched above their weight for a season and a half but have been found wanting recently.

Hopefully with a few decent signings we can compete for the top 6 next season.

I was rooting for Burnley all game, for personal reasons, not wanting Blackburn to catch us up.

i really thought you would give them more of a game though, i think you have it exactly right eddlad, Owen Coyle gave you that edge that Brian Laws just can't give. Shame really!

good optimistic way to look at things though, im sure you will keep the vast majority of your players to try again

I think it is fair to say we have the weakest squad in the league so when such a great motivator left, in Owen Coyle, we were always going to struggle (even more so), he could get the extra we needed out of the team to play above their normal level of ability, now we have someone who can't get the extra needed out of the players to compete at the level, we are basically a mid-championship team who punched above their weight for a season and a half but have been found wanting recently.

Hopefully with a few decent signings we can compete for the top 6 next season.
Yeah, I think you probably do have one of the weakest. Teams like Hull and Wolves and even Pompey all have one stand out player, Hull have Bullard, Wolves have Doyle and we have O'Hara, and Burnley, well nobody really consistently performs for you. Steven Fletcher probably hasn't scored as many goals as you would of liked him too, but if you hold onto him if you get relegated he'll be lethal in the Championship.

Also, it shocks as to why Chris Eagles does not start? I think he's quality and quite under rated, and makes things happen for Burnley.

Also I think if Martin Paterson hadn't of got his injury, he would of got you a fair couple of goals, he looks like a good little striker.

burnley 2-1 blackburn!
Game finished a while ago mate, Burnley 0-1 Blackburn lol.

Yeah, I think you probably do have one of the weakest. Teams like Hull and Wolves and even Pompey all have one stand out player, Hull have Bullard, Wolves have Doyle and we have O'Hara, and Burnley, well nobody really consistently performs for you. Steven Fletcher probably hasn't scored as many goals as you would of liked him too, but if you hold onto him if you get relegated he'll be lethal in the Championship.

Also, it shocks as to why Chris Eagles does not start? I think he's quality and quite under rated, and makes things happen for Burnley.

Also I think if Martin Paterson hadn't of got his injury, he would of got you a fair couple of goals, he looks like a good little striker.

Game finished a while ago mate, Burnley 0-1 Blackburn lol.
lol sorry though it kicked off at 3pm oh well i`ll go 1-0 blackburn then:D

lol shame really i hope they dont go down i like burnley for some reason

Probably because you watched those two fantastic goals fly spectacularly into the net in the second leg of the PO semi's last year, either that or because we paid £2.3m to buy a donkey off you. :S

Back