• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

RyanHulton

Reaction score
Bury FC

View attachment 304794

Breaking News
Fans of Bury FC were last night in shock as Kevin Blackwell resigned, it is still unknown on why he resigned. However, early in the morning he was soon replaced by unknown manager Ryan Hulton, whom is believed to have done his coaching at Bury and is tactically smart. The fans are heard to be left fuming with the boards decision to hire a manager with no proven experience.

Pre-Season
N.B- I let my assistant take control of all my pre-season matches, so didn't really care much for the results. Will post them anyway.
Bury 1-0 Bury Reserves
Wolves 1-0 Bury
Bury 0-1 Manchester United Reserves
Bury 2-1 Liverpool Reserves
Hyde 0-5 Bury

Transfers

Transfers In
Hamza Bencherif - 120kIan Henderson - 100k
Evan Horwood - Loan

Transfers Out
Luke McCarthy - Loan
Max Harrop - Loan
Shane Byrne - Loan
Craig Jones - Loan

Transfers Explained:
Hamza Bencherif- Good strong DM, hopefully be a force sitting in front of the defence, and providing lots of cover. Can also be played at centre back which is a big plus.
Ian Henderson- Winger who will be my started, hopefully does a job for me on the left hand side, can also be played upfront if im short on numbers or strikers aren't scoring.
Evan Horwood- Left back who will be cover for Joe Skarz, can be played near enough anywhere on the left hand side so if Henderson is forced to play up top then he can fill in on at LM.

Tactics
View attachment 304801
I decided to stick with a simple 442 with defensive midfielders. It looks a bit defensive but is as good going forward as it is defending. Hopefully it will serve me well. I put out which i thought was my best possible 11, as you can see i have 2 injuries, which will effect me badly. Were predicted to finished 22nd by the media. But with a bit of luck i think we can push for promotion with the first time of asking, it's a big ask, yes, but possible.

Last edited:
August-September

Capital One Cup 1st Round
Bury 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Npower League One
Bury 0-1 Preston

Oldham 1-5 Bury
(Worrall, Healy x2, Henderson x2)

Bury 0-2 Crewe

August Analysis
Very disappointed with the start I have had. Yet to score at home yet alone win. Should have beat Sheffield Wednesday and Preston. Looking forward to Cullen to return, hopefully got some goals in him.

August Player of the Month
Ian Henderson
View attachment 304809

Ian Henderson has not put a foot wrong for me. He has done exactly what I wanted with providing assists and getting his name on the score sheet. He came out of August with an average of 7.42.​

Last edited:
If anyone wants to recommend some good lower league players who don't require alot of wages or some good players available for loan, please let me know.

September-October

Johnstones Paint Trophy
Crewe 1-0 Bury

Npower League One
Shrewsbury 0-0 Bury

Scunthorpe 0-3 Bury
(Elford-Alliyu x2, Hughes)

Bury 2-1 Hartlepool
(Sweeney, Henderson)

Bury 3-3 MK Dons
(Henderson, John-Lewis, Hughes)

Walsall 2-1 Bury
(Elford-Alliyu)

Bournemouth 3-1 Bury
(Elford-Alliyu)

September Analysis
Mixed feelings about this month, to keep two clean sheets then to go and concede in 4 games on the bounce. Nice win against Scunthorpe but then the loss to Bournemouth is disappointing. Regarding the Johnstone Paint trophy not too disappointed as the league is my main focus this year, would of been nice to have a cup run though.

September Player of the Month
Elford-Alliyu
View attachment 304947
Can't ask for much more from my striker, Goal scoring return has been very good. 4 goals in 6 games. Hopefully he can keep the goals coming in.​

October-November

Npower League One
Bury 5-6 Doncaster
(Elford-Alliyu x2, Henderson x3)

Coventry 2-5 Bury
(Henderson, Worrall x2, Sweeney, Healy)

Brentford 1-1 Bury
(Bencherif)

Bury 3-0 Yeovil
(Cullen x2, Schumacher)

Swindon 3-1 Bury
(Henderson)

Bury 2-1 Tranmere
(Henderson, Worrall)

October Analysis
10 points from a possible 18. Need to be averaging more if I am to go up. Disappointed to concede 6 at home to Doncaster, and to concede 13 in 6 games. Did score in all games this month though. Big improvement from last month.

October Player of the Month
Worrall
View attachment 305112
3 goals and 3 assists from this month. Great winger to have in the team. Has played consistently throughout the season.

November-December

FA Cup 1st Round
Hyde 2-2 Bury
(Elford-Alliyu, Cullen)

Bury 3-1 Hyde
(Healy, Sweeney, Henderson)

Npower League One
Bury 4-0 Sheffield United
(Schumacher, Elford-Alliyu x2, Cullen)

Carlisle 0-2 Bury
(Henderson x2)

Stevenage 3-1 Bury
(Worrall)

Bury 3-0 Crawley
(Worrall, Cullen, Healy)

Leyton Orient 1-2 Bury
(Cullen, Marshall)

Bury 1-1 Notts County
(Marshall)

November Analysis
Some very good results this month. Best month so far at bury. Managing to collect 13 points from a possible 18! However Elford-Alliyu picked up an injury and looks like i'll miss him for most of December. Will be a big miss. Seem to be having more possession every game and having lots more shots now, which is good. This month also saw me progress further in the FA cup over coming which should of been easy opposition- Hyde.

November Player of the Month
Hughes
View attachment 305165
Solid centre back who put out some classy displays. Kept a good few clean sheets and Hughes is why we did. Hopefully he can continue his form throughout the season.

December-January

FA Cup 2nd Round
Bury 2-0 Notts County
(Cullen, Lockwood)

Npower League One
Bury 3-1 Oldham
(Henderson, Cullen, Healy)

Portsmouth 2-1 Bury
(Marshall)

Preston 2-0 Bury

Bury 2-2 Colchester
(Henderson, Elford-Alliyu)

Crewe 1-2 Bury
(Cullen, Elford-Alliyu)

Bury 4-0 Shrewsbury
(Picken, Elford-Alliyu x2, Healy)

Tranmere 1-0 Bury

December Analysis
Horrible month is all i can say. Too many fixtures for my liking all players very tired all the time. Still could of been a lot worse i suppose. Shame i couldn't end the year on a better note. Progressed into the FA Cup 4th round nice and comfortably. Elford-Alliyu came back earlier than expected and score in his first came back. Prolific. Worrall got injured at the start of the month so he's out.

December Player of the Month
Marshall
View attachment 305170
Worrall injured meant Marshall had to come in and play on the right wing. Done a great job which earned him player of the month. Maybe something to think about, given his recent form.

End of Calendar Year Analysis
Not much to show in the table. To close to call so far, Were sitting in play-off spots which is nice but as i said one loss and it can soon go. The main aim is to be playing in the championship next year. Hopefully we can bring some new faces in, in the upcoming month. Maybe a new wide man and someone to rotate in the back four.
View attachment 305171

January-February

Transfers
Transfers in
Emile Mpenza- Free
Roman Golobart- Loan

Transfers Out
David Healy- Free
Andy Bishop- Loan

Let go of Healy as he was just sat there eating wages up only playing now and then- not worth it. Brought in Mpenza to do that who also has better stats. Golobart to make the defence sturdier.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Bury 3-1 Hull
(Worrall, Schumacher, Mpenza)

FA Cup 4th Round
Bury 1-0 Manchester United
(Marshall)
View attachment 305258

Npower League One
Bury 2-2 Scunthorpe
(Elford-Alliyu x2)

Hartlepool 1-2 Bury
(Worrall, Elford-Alliyu)

Bury 0-4 Walsall

MK Dons 0-0 Bury

Bury 1-3 Bournemouth
(Sweeney)

January Analysis
Poor month in the league January. Great cup run was very impressed when I beat Hull nevermind United! In the league we just haven't been putting our chances away and this is costing us. Slipped down to 8th place, Hopefully we can regain some form in the League. Next FA cup fixture is West Ham away!

January Player of the Month
Sweeney
View attachment 305259
Played very well in the centre of midfield. Creating near enough every goal, also the provider for Marshall's goal against United. Very consistent this year.​

Simillar place in season to you. Currently 3rd. Colina be a rock for me as CB on a free. Huges concentration too low. ALso signed sakri for MR but use as WBR in 5-3-2 and momha both outstanding and frees. Richard fantastic free for MC. Daniel johnson from villa on loan done well too. Thomas piermayr awesome as weel on free. Got for FBR but now plays as CB. 23 age and top player

Back