Buy Back Price?

Reaction score
Even if I'm managing a top club, other top clubs will try to poach my best youngsters from me. I don't mind selling players that have come from my youth system. If you have a good youth system, you will get many youngsters around 2-3 stars that you can sell for a couple million.

But what about the real stars? The promising players at 4+ stars? I get bids of 4-5 million for these promising players at age 16 or 17.

So have you guys ever put a buy back price, and has it worked for you? I could sell for around 4 million and buy back for...12 million? Because the player will develop and in his prime you would have to pay far more than 12 million to secure his services?

What has worked for you?

I don't know why you would sell them if they're that good? Just keep them, and give them playing time in the senior time as early as possible and as much as you can. In my opinion, game time is the most important thing that determines whether or not a regen will fulfil his potential :D

Nooooo.. I keep those players. Quality home grown players are very rare so when I get one I never let him leave... (;

Also, the AI ruins a lot of players who have good potential. I definitely wouldn't trust them to raise one of my future stars, especially for a measly €4m

if you are a top club and other top clubs want to buy the player and you ask for a buy back then NO! as the players wont want to come back to you!

If you sell to a smaller club then yes! I do this often, but not for 3x the current value! at most like £2m more.. so they get first team footie, develop nicely and then you can offer to buy them back at twice the player they were for small price!

keep tabs on them as the clubs will sell these players and your agreement will fall away!

I also agree with Andy above, sometimes the clubs will do a worse job than you would.. but in my experience, I have chosen the right clubs and the players have mostly become better... but I have seen some players rot...

I NEVER sell my top youngsters. I keep them all so they are HG for the champions league and domestic league squad registration.

if you are a top club and other top clubs want to buy the player and you ask for a buy back then NO! as the players wont want to come back to you!

If you sell to a smaller club then yes! I do this often, but not for 3x the current value! at most like £2m more.. so they get first team footie, develop nicely and then you can offer to buy them back at twice the player they were for small price!

keep tabs on them as the clubs will sell these players and your agreement will fall away!

I also agree with Andy above, sometimes the clubs will do a worse job than you would.. but in my experience, I have chosen the right clubs and the players have mostly become better... but I have seen some players rot...

Yeah that's the whole idea behind it. I wouldn't sell my top, top young players. But over 2 to 3 seasons you end up having around 5 or 6 youngsters with around 3 star potential. For me its about getting a bargain, I was just never sure what kind of buy back price other clubs would accept...Also I have noticed technical stats develop a lot slower than I would expect, so I could give them maybe three seasons in another team before they are ready for my team again, or I use the agreement just to sign the player back and sell him for more, as no one is indispensable to me on FM :D

Send them to your feeder clubs as you can easily get around 6 feeder clubs to send your players out on loan.

It seems a bit risky to pay 8m for your own player when you don't actually have to pay anything just hoping that the AI will train them right when you can easily do a much better job yourself. Also selling to another big team won't help with game time, you should just loan them out to smaller clubs yourself.

Back