lewisharris

Reaction score
since i made this thread ive been playing fm alot (had alot of time on my hands) but since then ive managed to create an amazing aston villa team with all british players in both first team and reserve/youth. and i my fourth season in charge i finally won the league. and it proves that english players are good buys and i dont have to buy abroad from abroad whn i can get the same talent for less money in britain!!!!! ig success guys i reccomend having ago at creating a team of british players. (that includes english,welsh,nrth irish and scottish)

the problem with english players is the fees...thus im always marauding youth players in championship/league one/released.

ryan bertrand, LB --- in my 2nd season i signed this lad (released by chelsea).in my 6th season and he's still in my 1st team..:D

cheers.

Got to disagree with you, in England you pay ALOT MORE than you do abroad, to get a player like aaron lennon would be 20m, you need around 100million to get a decnt british team

Got to disagree with you, in England you pay ALOT MORE than you do abroad, to get a player like aaron lennon would be 20m, you need around 100million to get a decnt british team

Who are you disagreeing with?

The problem is English players are heavily overpriced and they dont really live up to the asking prices they are given.

To be honest, there are very few English players you would go and pay 20 or 30m for, because A) they underperform often, and B) There is always better and cheaper talent abroad.

I have tried something similar with Lyon, but I feel it is easier as there is a plethora of very good talent in France at the start.

buying HG players can be quite expensive, I had to get some in for my West Ham save recently to make the quota, i got Richards (Juventus) 16 million, Wilshere (Aston Villa) 10.5 million and Delph (Villa) for 17 million (all i must say are fantastic) but for those prices there are much better players out there that are foreign)

as Stuw mentioned above, other nations like France, Germany, Ukraine and the likes of Italy and Netherlands have alot better youth players than in England...

I don't play EPL for many reasons, basically the HG rule is much tighter there, furthermore, all the talent in English youth was upfront, I never managed to find a good young LB or RB for example.

I most of my games in Italy or Spain, it's easier on the HG rule in Spain and it's easier to register players in Italy (No maximum number of players).

Basically I've noticed that some nations specialize in a certain position, whenever I see a hot-prospect in one position it's almost always from the same country, I'm speaking of regens btw.

For example, I'll almost always find French goalkeepers, Italian defenders and MC's, Turkish and Croatian MC's and all the strikers are German, English or Spanish.

Anyone noticed this before?

P.S. for English players the only player I found to be within a reasonable price range was Wilshere, but he has a basic problem with stamina, I can't get him to play 2 consecutive matches.

Aston villa is the best team to do this in EPL .
Im trying to do this on West ham but as said above you need about 100mil for a team that has not so many HG at the start, Aston Villa has the most and some are decent for future .

i've never been able to do it..I always make myself do it when i start a new game, but then i loose it straight away and buy cheaper, better foreign players in the first transfer window. I'm ashamed to admit that in my entire FM 10 'career' i've only ever bought one english player, jack wilshire - but i wasn't even an english team. In fm 11 though, i think a quite a few english players should get an upgrade - adam johnson definately - so i'm going to try. Kudos to you for doing it.