Buying a high reputation player from different continent...

• Thread starter Thread starter JAMIETEE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6K

JAMIETEE

Reaction score
Basically, I am about to sign a World-Class Regen Right Back who is the best Japanese player in the world. Will this cause a boost in Shirt sales and improve my reputation around that part of the world? My reputation is current Continental so signing a player of this calibre isnt rare for my club, but I was thinking it might cause this due to his Country.

Any ideas?

unfortunatly, i don't think it will mate, you need an established player, someone who has won the majors (Player of the year, World 11, Players player) and won major trophies with high reputation clubs(Premier League, Champions League, La Liga)

I think it definitely will improve your reputation, but I dont think it'll end up with you making more money in the short run, (>5 years) because of the probably high transfer fee and wages. Boosts in shirt sales are real and will make a difference, but with the large transfer fee I doubt it'll end up in more profits for you though.

You'll definatly boost your reputation in that part of the world (shirt sales) but the only way to boost your own reputation is through competition wins. You don't become a household name for comming 2nd :P

Any "world-class" player should raise a CLUB rep. Best way to find out, if you've got a program like FMRTE. Check your rep score (i.e.:8500) then sign the bloke and check in FMRTE and your CLUBS rep should have gone up slightly (ie:8525). I'm not sure if it raises YOUR rep.

As Brendn said, if he is one of the best japanese players then it will increase shirt and merchandising sale's in that part of the world. I got Honda on a free and it did that (Was only a backup player for me though, I only bought him to sell on (Got £20m for him! :D))

I think it helps a lot more if you have a Japanese affiliate club as well?

Back