Buying Courtois?

• Thread starter Thread starter Neeeko
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

Neeeko

Reaction score
Anyone managed to buy Thibaut Courtois?

He keeps being unhappy at Chelsea, into the second season now. I've managed to unsettle him (I'm Liverpool) and it says he's 'asked to leave' and keeps having rows with his manager, but he never gets transfer listed and Chelsea still want over 100 million for him.

I just want to know if he ever gets transfer listed or do Chelsea ever lower their asking price for him?

Thanks

I managed to buy him in my Tottenham save, he had only made 5 apps in 3 seasons, for about 10mil :)

Good luck with getting him cheap mate. Unfortuantly, in FM Liverpool are a fierce rival of Chelsea's so he won't come cheap at all. Same happens to me trying to sign Liverpool's players :(

I tried to sign him with arsenal and got quoted 120 mill. I offered 70 and they still rejected, despite him being unhappy, publicly asking to leave and being second fiddle to Cech.

It is possible, but from the other responses it looks as though there's some luck involved. I picked him up at the beginning of my fourth season with Arsenal for £9.5mill. He had spent at least 1 season unhappy at Chelsea and, if I remember correctly, I unsettled him a few times and bid shortly after each attempt. Eventually they listed him and I managed to negotiate them down a tiny bit.

Admittedly I thought I would end up selling him on for a small profit but he has been immense in his second season. Szczesny developed fairly well but seems to be very prone to mistakes and has been pushed into second choice.

I can recommend him but only if you don't have to break the bank bringing him in!!

It is possible, but from the other responses it looks as though there's some luck involved. I picked him up at the beginning of my fourth season with Arsenal for £9.5mill. He had spent at least 1 season unhappy at Chelsea and, if I remember correctly, I unsettled him a few times and bid shortly after each attempt. Eventually they listed him and I managed to negotiate them down a tiny bit.

Admittedly I thought I would end up selling him on for a small profit but he has been immense in his second season. Szczesny developed fairly well but seems to be very prone to mistakes and has been pushed into second choice.

I can recommend him but only if you don't have to break the bank bringing him in!!
SS of him and Szczesny?

Here are the screenshots. I don't pretend that either of them are the best developed goalkeepers but Courtois is solid. Szczesny has pretty high Eccentricity which may explain why he's such a clown when I play him! XD

Back