Buying on Steam

Reaction score
Quick question

I have the demo for Fm12 and I've been thinking of buying it on Steam for Windows. The thing is I'm thinking of getting a Mac in the next few months. If I buy it and download on Steam for Windows then get a Mac, do I just redownload or do I have to pay for it again? I ask because my friend said I don't have to pay for it again but after asking somewhere else I was told that I would.

Also, Will I be able to just copy my game file over Windows to Mac?

Thanks

no you own the game then, you will have to create an account with steam, then once you've brought it, you'll be able to redownload onto your mac, not to sure about the game files thou

You just download it again. I we done it plenty of times, so no worries.

You could also buy it retail for Windows and register it on Steam and download it for Mac. You'll save some money on that.

Last edited:
If you look on the steam store page, FM 12 has the Mac + PC Steamplay icon, so you just need to buy one copy and you can play on either a Mac or a PC. Your save games won't automatically transfer between computers though; you still have to do that yourself.

Your save file should be compatible, you will need to transfer it via usb stick though.

Once you have the game, you can install it using steam on as many computers as you wish

Back