Byte shield verification problem... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMTU87

Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded FM this morning and after I finished installing it I click on the icon on my desktop and a Byte Shield box pops up, I registered with it then now everytime I type in my username and password a windows box just pops up saying its not working and its closing the program down!

Its really annoying me as I want to play it! Can anyone help please?

No - and I probably have no idea how I'd do that?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Just realised - No I bought it from Game online

i'm also having the same problem! apparently it was somthing to do with my anti-virus so i turned it off but that still didn't work

so has anyone had any luck i keep getting bytesize stopped working still!!!!!!!! then it closes please help someone!! or is it case of waiting till they pull their finger out??

hey im still having the same problem, i disable my norton firewall and set the fm11.exe as administor bt yet it still not working. any help please! thank you

Hi,

I downloaded FM this morning and after I finished installing it I click on the icon on my desktop and a Byte Shield box pops up, I registered with it then now everytime I type in my username and password a windows box just pops up saying its not working and its closing the program down!

Its really annoying me as I want to play it! Can anyone help please?

I had the same problem as this and managed to overcome it by doing this.

Instead of opening the game by double clicking on the FM 2011 icon on your desktop, right click on the icon then click on run as administrator. This should allow you to register with bytesheild.

I did this yesterday after downloading from GAME but have yet to receive an activation code so cannot play the game yet!!!

Here is what I have done and has worked everytime so far.
1) Install the game by running the *.exe as an Adinistrator (I downloaded from Game).
2) Run the game "as an Administrator" the first time and put your info into the byte shield screen. If you have done this before go to step three.
3) Turn off your Internet connection and trick the Byte Shield thing into going to offline mode. It will load the game up and work without hanging.

Like I said, this works for me like a charm and I sincerely hope it works for you too. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.