Status
Not open for further replies.

p019745

Reaction score
Hi all,

please please please help. I am having problems with football manager.

i first couldnt get past byteshield ( kept saying byteshield not responding) but then uninstalled the game reinstalled it as run administrator, switched off my norton (including sonar as this deletes file.fm.bzz) and hey presto it worked. Played nearly a full season no problem.

Finally switched the game off and went to play it again the next day again making sure the norton was off but guess what byteshield not responding. i went through the process of uninstalling it and it works again but everytime i switch the laptop off and go to play it again the only way i can play it is to uninstall and reinstall.

Has anyone any idea what i do to fix this?
My laptop is more than capable of running the game and when i get the game loaded it works fine.

please help

Originally posted by Neil Brock on the SI Support Forum:

Try the following:

Ok this might sound a little convoluted but I'm sure it will get you going again:

1) Go to the Football Manager 2011 install directory
2) Locate ByteShield.ini - open in Notepad
3) Delete all but the Top 2 Lines of data - you should be left with the following (on 2 lines):

[Client]
gui=Bsi10

4) Save the file
5) locate the file 'profiles.xml' and delete this file
6) locate a file like xxxxxxx_sg_fm_10rc_decryptmod.lib (where xxxxxxx is the username you used to register) - if no file - skip to 8)
7) Delete file
8) Double click the FM.exe file
9) Enter your username/password
10) Accept any dialogue prompts (will prompt to move active activation)
11) Play game

Last edited:
What folder is profiles.xml located in. I can't find it. Thanks.

tried that. didnt work.

had switched off the norton.

any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.