Calling all people who have successfully set up a Network Game!!

Scooby1928

Reaction score
Please please can someone help!

I have tried/checked the following in an attempt to set up a network game:

1) Both parties are running the same version of the game
2) Both Firewalls have been disabled
3) Both machines have had their Anti Virus software disabled
4) Both Routers have had ports 10093 (TCP/UDP) and 10094 (TCP/UDP) forwarded

At this point I couldn't see what would cause the machines not to connect, but they don't. Keep getting "cannot connect to server"

I downloaded Hamachi and installed it on both machines, created a network, joined the second PC to the network.

Tried to hook up using the Hamachi IP Address............"cannot connect to server"!!!!

Tried this whole process in reverse (as in both PC's have attempted to host the game and Run As Server), same results.

I can actually ping the IP address given by whatismyip.com, so the PC's can "see" each other. But something is still a miss!

All you guys and gals who have setup up network games, presumably this is literally over the internet, as apposed to 2 of you being sat in the same room, linked by a wireless router?????

Please someone, WHAT AM I MISSING!! :mad:

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

this post has had 30 views, surely someone must've set up a network game successfully and will have an idea????

When you are both on Hamachi the host's machine should show under Local Servers on the Join Game screen.

View attachment 2611

the main user needs to tick run as server in the network preferences of the game.

Hi,

thanks for both your replies.

Sean: We're both on Hamachi, but nothing under Local Servers
defjam71: Run as Server is ticked.

Hi,

thanks for both your replies.

Sean: We're both on Hamachi, but nothing under Local Servers
defjam71: Run as Server is ticked.

run as server only ticked on the main user not both. Other than that cant really help.

lol
whats the difference between career and network except you play with people

I followed all the steps and I dont see any games under Local Servers :S Plz help...

the best advice i can give, is make sure you are running your game through steam.