Calvin Zola

AdamWilliam__

Reaction score
I highly recommend signing this guy if your managing a team lower than the Premiership (only as he is so far untested at the top level by me).

I'm onto my fourth season with Crewe and after 7 games sit comfortably in 2nd place in the Coca Cola Championship. I've had relative success over the last 4 seasons, with 2 promotions, 1 league win, 1 Johnstones Paint Trophy Cup win (thanks to Zola's MOM performance and 2 goals in the final) and a Carling Cup Quarter Final appearance, and it is in large part all down to this player.

I play him as a Support Target Man in my 4-4-2 formation, and his goalscoring record for each season is:

Season 1 (Coca Cola League 2):
43 Games
35 Goals

Season 2 (Coca Cola League 1):
44 Games
24 Goals

Season 3 (Coca Cola League 1):
42 Games:
20 Goals

Season 4 (Coca Cola Championship) ((So Far)):
6 Games
3 Goals

Now I think anyone can agree that is a formidable scoring record for any striker, especially one who has the role which I have given Zola.

Which is why I highly recommend signing him no matter the cost!

could you give us informations about his former club and his price please?

Yea, depending on your tactic, i wouldnt know what to do with him if you just said targetman support

He starts at Crewe doesn't he?
If so it would be hard for the guy to judge the price of him if he was already at the club

used to play for my local team tranmere but these days they sell everybody for free, dont know why he was like their best player

He does indeed begin the game at Crewe and his price at the start of the game is below the £100k mark, he's also 24 years old which means his best years are still ahead of him.

I would say you would be able to sign him for between 80k-120k, which if you use clauses in the transfer wouldn't work out as being expensive

As I said I play him as a Target Man/ Support Role in my 4-4-2 formation, with his strike partner set as Poacher. The exact details of the tactics do not really matter, as I've tried a whole range of different tactics with my 4-4-2 formation, just seems as long as he has a strike partner he will score goals.

used to play for my local team tranmere but these days they sell everybody for free, dont know why he was like their best player

:S He definitely wasn't Tranmere's best player, he was shocking at best during his time there.

Also he didn't leave on a free, he was sold for a fee of around £200,000.

Last edited:
Back