Can anyone recommend a plug in and play tactic for FM 2017?

DJN2K11

Reaction score
Im finding this years version of Football Manager really frustrating. I cant seem to get any tactic to work.

I have had reasonable success with 4-2-3-1 (with wing backs, inside forwards and a false nine) but I don't like playing that formation. Also, it seems to deliver inconsistent results, ill usually either win 4-0 or lose 4-0!

I'd like to play a 4-4-2 but every time I do I usually get beat heavily with my assistant frequently telling me my midfield is getting seriously overrun.

I've just put together a 5-2-3, again with wing backs and inside forwards, but predominantly getting beat with that one too.

Currently playing as Leeds in the Premiership after starting unemployed. I did really well with Colchester and got them to the top of League One with 4-2-3-1, but cant find any tactic which will deliver results in the Premiership. I have even tried playing 4-2-3-1 at home and 4-1-4-1 away but that doesn't help much.

Does anyone have any tactics and team instructions, maybe a way to play 4-4-2 and get results in the Premiership? I have reasonably good players. I have tried some of the downloadable tactics on Steam and some off here but no real success with any. If I have to play 4-2-3-1 I will but looking for a away to be a bit more consistent playing this formation rather than winning heavily and losing heavily.