Can Football Manager tell the future?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadRo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

MadRo

Reaction score
After reading The World according to FM by Iain Macintosh (in Football Manager Stole my life) I decided to do a similar experiment and holidayed until the climax of the 2022 Qatar world cup,just to see how football history could shape itself in the future, if anyone has any queries on specific clubs or players, I will be putting up updates season by season across England and in some cases Europe but please note that I holidayed with only the English Premier Division until 2019

Surely you should holiday it like, 6/8/10 times and see what crops us most? Then compare that as it happens? Doing it once is silly imo

me too

i holidayed until 2034 and found giggs managing united and southampton in the semi finals of the champions leauge against blackburn who were defending champions barca were in spanish league one

South Africa won the 2022 World Cup in my game, that would be an interesting shift in world football.

So, Season 1: 2012/13
BPL:
Winners: Manchester City
Relegated: Reading, Southampton, Sunderland
League Cup: Swansea
FA Cup: Manchester City
Champions League: Barcelona
Europa League: Athletico Madrid

View attachment 296512

La Liga: Real Madrid
Bundelisga: Bayern Munich
Ligue 1: PSG
Serie A: Juventus

Despite failing to bring in ANY players, Manchester City managed to retain their title against Man Utd (Who splashed on Gareth Bale in January) and Chelsea (Who spent £30m on Danny Welbeck and Lars Bender) while Liverpool, fueled by Player's Player of the year Luis Suarez, reached the giddy heights of 3rd place.
This was, however, after the sacking of Brendan Rodgers, who was replaced by Marcelo Bielsa, other managerial changes included Villas Boas being replaced by Spalletti, Pardew had his eight year deal torn up as Steve McClaren strolled into Newcastle with plans to attempt the geordie accent within three months, At Southampton McDermott was brought in after being presented with a waitrose bag after Reading hired Martin O'Neill who in turn was replaced by Sean O'Driscoll.
Coming up next season are Wolves, Blackpool and Blackburn who were all looking forward to a tasty return to premier league action, but WHO would win the title in 2014?...

Season 2: 2013/14
BPL:
Winners: Manchester United
Relegated: Blackpool, Fulham, Blackburn
League Cup: Everton
FA Cup: Norwich
Champions League: Manchester United
Europa League: Bayern Munich

View attachment 296563

La Liga: Barcelona
Bundelisga: Bayern Munich
Ligue 1: PSG
Serie A: Inter Milan

Fergie signed off with a bang as Manchester United won the BPL, Champions League and narrowly lost the Capital One Cup final despite not spending any money whatsoever in the summer. After spending £70million in the summer Chelsea failed to succeed and finished in a disapointing 7th place, costing Benitez his job, he was soon replaced by um, Danny Blind, other managerial changes meant that Guardiola was given the task to follow Fergie, Hughton was sacked by Norwich and replaced by Malkay Mackay while Spalletti didn't last long at the lane, being soon replaced by Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe, Martin Jol was replaced by Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes returned to London with West Ham,
Some big transfers included: Edinson Cavani to Liverpool (£25m) Yarmolenko to Arsenal (£23m) Papiss Cisse to Juventus (£20m) and Coates to PSG (£10.5m)
Coming up for next season are Crystal Palace, Birmingham and Bolton, but first we had the 2014 world cup in Brazil...

Back