Can I burn out young players through overuse?

• Thread starter Thread starter CAFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

CAFC

Reaction score
Am in my second season with crewe and my entire first XI is made up of players who have come through the academy. I got a young LB regen at the end of my first season and he was already 2 stars and so went straight into my first team, at 16 he is already first team Left Back. I was just wondering is this dangerous to play him so much? Will it cause him to "burn out" and not reach his 5star top championship potential?

Neve seen anything like this happen, the only things you should fear are injuries IMHO. Apart from this, if he's playing well and he has no concerns, let him play! It's much more likely to burn them out if you leave them too much on the bench :)

I've wondered the same thing. I'm playing Ajax right now, and I've been forced to play young Eriksen more than I'd like but he seems to be doing fine.

in FM 2010, I remember seeing 17 - 19 year olds complaining that the pressure is too much, but they get over it eventually.

Yeah, I'm more concerned about injuries.

Playing young players will not burn them out. In fact they will become better and attributes will improve a lot.

Just remember to always check his condition and do not put pressure a lot on him in ur team talks.

i got the same player with crewe at the end of my first season. his name was steven scott, also a left back. i played him for the rest of the season and every season so far. at the age of 19, and before having played a premier league game, he was capped by england. my *** man kept telling me his remarkable progress was down to his involvement in the first team. my point: play him as much as possible. i haven't produced a regen half as good since, but this guy is worth it, leading premier league left back, first choice for england and i reject 25m bids from europe's giants on a daily basis

Yeah, I've never had a problem with it myself. They seem to develop quicker for me.

Back