Can Nottingham Grab The Title?

chris10

Reaction score
This is a story about the ice hockey club that I play for, the Nottingham Tigers (under 14s). Please post likes/dislikes as soon as possible. Here goes nothing!

NOTTINGHAM ANNOUNCE COACH

The Nottingham board have announced the coach of the under 14s Tigers team. It will be Mike Urquehart and Laura Urquehart, both of whom played themselves. Mike was a pro player for the senior team, the Nottingham Panthers. Laura coached the GB national womens team.
Yesterday they announced the squad that they hope will challenge for the title:

I assume you have made the leagues/teams in the editor ? Good luck with this. Should be interesting :)

is this a ice hockey story?

its different :p

how are you doing it is it all made up in your head?

This should be interesting, good luck.

But shouldn't it be in the stories section?

Let me explain, Luke Phillips, u have it all wrong. It's a REAL ice hockey club in real life. It's not using an editor, and it's not in my head, since when do any editors edit a football game to fit a ice hockey club? I just wanted to show off the great stuff that my club could achieve this season and give the sport the credit it deserves, this was the only way I could think of doing this on my own. Ice hockey is so underrated, I thought this would be a reasonably good way to promote the sport. It shouldn't be in the stories section I don't think because that's for stories on the game.
The squad will be in the next update (tomorrow hopefully).
This whole thing may be a bit weird as I don't have any transfers to talk about and not many people get injured. I might put a creative twist in that would never happen in real life. Hope you enjoy!!

Last edited:
so it's a real life Ice Hockey story, no oO)

I wouldn't expect a 'story' with such a poor OP to generate much intrest in the sport. I suggest giving people some more information about the team, maybe a photo of the stadium, or some photos of games being played, and a photo of the logo.

Anyway, you can't just expect people to be intrested, you need to make people intrested.

I have no access to pictures at the minute but will get some soon hopefully.

THE SQUAD:
Stevie Lickman (GK)
Molly Brooks (GK)
Bradley Harris (captain)
Chris Blackett
Brad Betteridge
Brad Jenion (assistant captain)
Nick Bentley
Jacob Flowers
Joe Humphries
Jordan Bloom (assistant captain)
Cameron Pywell
Joe Gretton
Jessica Urquehart
Hamish Hall
Connor Glossop
Owen Binch-Lawlor

After announcing the starting line up for their first match against Sheffield Stormers on Sunday 5th September. With both teams looking for a over the other to give them a head start in the title race.

Next update tomorrow including match build up, match, and other league results! Pics also coming as soon as possible.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:21 AM ----------

Both changing rooms were tense, both teams knew that they needed a win to start the league campaign.
The referee dropped the puck for the face off to start the match. It was a hard fought, rough game. Both teams wanted the win badly. Nottingham were on top through the final 10 minutes of the first period, but couldn't put the puck in the net.
The second period began with Nottingham owning the game, then finally on 7 minutes, Cam Pywell netted the opening goal. It was a great shot it flashed past the keeper and hit the post as it went in, giving a beautiful 'ding' to celebrate the goal. From that moment on Sheffield upped their game to pressure Nottingham, but Notts held strong to keep them at bay.
The third period began with Sheffield attacking as they had done since Cams goal. They couldn't beat Nottinghams great defence. Towards the end the game became a neutral with no-one really controlling it. In the final 5 minutes, Sheffield were getting desperate and it was this that allowed Notts to counter attack 3 against 1. Connor Glossop's shot was saved by the keeper but it fell to Brad Jenion, a d-man, to net the second Nottingham goal!!
The game finished 2-0 with both goalkeepers being named man-of-the-match for there teams.
This win gave Nottingham the start they wanted over Sheffield, a strong title contender. Next up, back to back games on Saturday and Sunday versus Kingston and Newcastle.

I will be updating on Monday as they are away games in Kingston and Newcastle.

NOTTINGHAM RETURN HOME FROM DIRE ROAD TRIP

Nottingham's first pair of back-to-back games ended in a huge amount of disappointment. Their first game was a 2-0 defeat to in-form Kingston Rivermen.
The first period came and went with little to talk about, although one point of fact to note was the fact that Hull dominated the first 10 minutes with Nottingham only really playing fairly well in the final five minutes before the first break.
The second period was where the action was. On a 5 on 3 powerplay, Nottingham pressed Kingston until one mistake allowed Kingston to beat the sleepy d-men, Jenion and Harris, the Notts keeper couldn't stop the break away goal. Nottingham had two more powerplays but the forwards weren't using the defencemen to help them and thus gave the chance of equalising away.
The third period went almost without any incident as did the first. But a mis-control from Betteridge allowed a Kingston forward to slip past him, Blackett couldn't catch the speedy forward to deny the second goal that gave Hull control.
The next day Nottingham were in Newcastle to face the North Stars as they look to bounce back from the dismal game in hull. The first period again didn't give any action but the second again provided the goals. North Stars took the lead with a powerplay goal halfway through. 30 seconds later and the defence pair of Harris and Bentley coughed up a second to give the Stars a compfy lead. Connor Glossop's breakaway goal pulled it back to 2-1.
The third period gave North Stars something to think about as Notts pressed for the equalising goal. It didn't come until Glossop linked with Bloom to net it with 3/4 of the period remaining. Jess Urquehart netted what would hace ginen Notts the lead until the ref dissallowed it. Penalty trouble for the Stars led to high tempers and that led the refs to chuck two North Stars out of the game. Notts capitalised on the powerplay opportunity. They couldn't find a way passed the keeper as they looked for the win. With 4.3 seconds on the clock, Bloom zipped down the wing and past the d. He failed to score the first chance put after a scramble, he forced it across the line! But unfortunately the Stars claimed the net was off it's peg and the ref fell for the lie and said "no goal!" Dissaster! Nttingham coughed up another point that they deserved to win. Not a good start depite a great win over rival title hopefulls Sheffield.

Please keep posting you thoughts I feel really lonely. Sorry it is so boring, I will add pictures to all (most) of the rest of the updates.

I am posting this from my friends computer, my laptop is broken and is in a shop somewhere to be fixed. It will be away for around six weeks so I cannot post anymore, really sorry. How do I get this thread closed?

I am posting this from my friends computer, my laptop is broken and is in a shop somewhere to be fixed. It will be away for around six weeks so I cannot post anymore, really sorry. How do I get this thread closed?

Pm one of the Mods and they will close it for you.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

No need to be an **** the guy is just asking for help.