Can someone explain to me about age of player and how compensation works....pleasee..

RichSz

Reaction score
is it like age 24yrs old and under only then a team would pay you compensation when signing a player from your team? But what else applies. If anyone can explain to me all this please would be most grateful. Thank you :)

If a player has 6 months or less on his contract. Another club can offer him a contract without having to get his current clubs permission to speak to him (permission is usually granted by offering a transfer fee)

If the player agrees to the new clubs terms then he will move to the new club for free when his curretn contract expires.

If the player is aged 24 or under however, his current club are entitled to compensation, which in the football manager world is a set fee determined by the game.

Could you be kind enough to elaborate a little for me please. Im just wandering how any of us are meant to know this rule of under 6 months ppl can talk to your players. Does anything occur bewtween 6months and a yyear of someones contract. Im just worried i might be oblivious to something that could happen and then b4 i know it im screwed with reagrds to keeping a player on my rooster. thanks for your comment also.

yuo can sign people from foreign countries 6 months before there contract ends and get them on a free
if the are in the same country you will have to wait 1 month before being able to sign them on a pre contract

but if a player is under teh age of 24 then you msut pay compensation

Could you be kind enough to elaborate a little for me please. Im just wandering how any of us are meant to know this rule of under 6 months ppl can talk to your players. Does anything occur bewtween 6months and a yyear of someones contract. Im just worried i might be oblivious to something that could happen and then b4 i know it im screwed with reagrds to keeping a player on my rooster. thanks for your comment also.

At the start of the season you will get a notification telling you of all your players who's contracts will expire within 1 year. ALso it's a good idea to check in December whether anyones contract is running down soon, as if you are in a major European league, most contracts won't go into the 6 month threshold until the january window opens.

its called the Bosman rule!

on the eve of the players contract running out in exactly 6 months any club in the world can offer a contract to your player to sign him for free once the time on his contract is up!

you don't have to pay compensation on every player under 24 yrs old however... if they are on a professional contract its fair game to sign the player for free, if the player is on a youth contract then you will pay compensation every time to help protect the club by forcing the club that is after the youngster to pay some sort of compensation...