Can transfer budgets be carried forward or does the chairman steal it at season end?

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOWDHUR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5K

CHOWDHUR

Reaction score
I'm Dover Athletic in Conference and just had a record sale, so have £300k transfer revenue. I think I'll get to Npower league 2 next season, and thats when I'll have the clout to attract better players and will really need the money. But if I don't spend it, will my board just distribute as profits between themselves?

If that's the case, I don't see any incentive to sell players if you're a lower league club, who can't in return attract good players even with loads of dosh in the coffers.

Depends on your balance at the start of the new season. The board will allocate whatever they decide is reasonable depending on what you pick in the season expectations thing. Fair game too, since i don't think it's too smart to spend 300K if your balance isn't up there.

300k is a nice amount for that level so you might not get all of it next season, but you should get a decent chunk. The rest will go to keeping you in a nice stable financial situation

Thanks guys. I actually sold a wonderkid i got on a free for £600k but only got 50% of the transfer. Unfortunately as a club I tend to make a loss of £20k a month due to low gate receipts, so hopefully these losses can't be covered from by transfer budget at the end of the season

Not sure if this player is a random in my game, but he joins conference clubs and is sensational..... Andrea Mariani

They do sometimes allow that budget to carry over, But I highly doubt you'll get the full 300K. You have most of the summer to use that money though...thats always a bonus.

Back