can you build a team on young players ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Striker122
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

Striker122

Reaction score
recently i've been playing a game where im allways getting offerd champ jobs but im considering making a new game where i start in BSP or BSN/S and buy players who are at most 22, is it possible to get in free players or cheap players (at most 10k) who at start are easily good enough for BS but in 2-3 years they could be champ or possibly prem qual ? loaning players is also an option but obv you can only have 2 long term loans in the BSN/S not sure about BSP

I did that, my Braintree team was built around young players 18-22 who got me eventual promotion to the Premier League (back to back champions atm 2018/19 and 2019/20) season, i had 2 or 3 players from my 2010 season still in the squad, two central defenders who ive only just sold that performed well in the Premier League even though i bought them for next to nothing whilst in the lower leagues.

Your two loan signings can be vital, i got a striker and a goal keeper which helped loads, striker got 30 goals in the season and keeper kept a lot of clean sheets :)

can, however, they need a few seasons to prove their worth.

On my PC save, my Welling side had an average age of 22 when promoted from the BSS 1st season via the play offs. Now in the 2nd season half way through, sitting comfortable in the playoffs, 4 points off top spot. My average age is now 21 after signing released prem youngsters, most with the potential to be good League 2 and League 1 players. All are star players in my team report.

For the poster who asked about loans I believe you can get 4 young and 4 old on long terms....if some one can verify too.

i did at 1 point get my wolves save to an avarrage age of 23 they were prem winners 2 yrs in a row. had the like of sanchez tho who was 25 the oldest in my squad at the time. macheda gibson asenjo fabio santon bikey and many more good players so yh its possible to take a v.young team to big hights.

All of my transfers with Welling where on free transfers. The only cash deal I have made was the £6k sale of one of my wingers. So I am plus £6k woo hoo, makea a difference from the 100's thousands and millions I have been spent more than what I have brought in.

Also I think as you work you're way from the BSS/BSN upto the Prem. The finances and players you pick up will no doubt get better. In my first BSP season (my second full season) I am in Feb and already made £450,000.

Like I said my players are all rated as good League 2 or League 1. I'm sure as you move up you could sign youngsters of Prem Quality.

All of my transfers with Welling where on free transfers. The only cash deal I have made was the £6k sale of one of my wingers. So I am plus £6k woo hoo, makea a difference from the 100's thousands and millions I have been spent more than what I have brought in.

Also I think as you work you're way from the BSS/BSN upto the Prem. The finances and players you pick up will no doubt get better. In my first BSP season (my second full season) I am in Feb and already made £450,000.

Like I said my players are all rated as good League 2 or League 1. I'm sure as you move up you could sign youngsters of Prem Quality.

Yeah you generally keep a couple of players from league 2 and league 1 but the rest get sold off as you progress up through the leagues, some young players develop into stars, some dont, i bought a regen who looked ok and is now amazing, but equally i bought an 18 year old that looked really promising and i just sold him off for 100k as he had turned out to be rubbish.

So perservere with it and just see what happens. :)

i try to sign young players but the prob is even though i've played them game for a few months and on my current game im on 7 days gametime i still dont know how to spot good players and mainly just rely on scouts to tell me if they are good or not which hasnt allways work as iv had a striker who was claimed to be a leading star for a championship club and was to develop to be a leading star in the prem only find the net 10 times in around 40 matchs

I like using younger plays, but i also like a few vets to help season the team.

season the team? like salt and pepper? lol

nah i agree. my Cardiff team has an average age of 24, but i made sure i had 2 or 3 vets to help the youngsters' progression.

I won the spl 4 years running with hearts with an average team age of 18, I was pretty happy with that

Ive put my local team in the Scottish Third Division and gave them a team full of 17 year olds. going to see how far I can get without buying or selling

Hi all (my first post on these threads, so please forgive any missed jargon etc!)

I've started playing FM09 for the first time (since FM08 at least), and I always start unemployed, and in a really poor league (I like things to be as realistic as poss). Even back in the Champ Manager 92/93 days I started with lower ranked teams!

Anyway, back to the topic...

I'm the proud boss of FC Gute in the Swedish 2nd Division (SS, now WG) and am just about to start the 2013 season (April-October). The league is only 22 games long, and is a pleasant start to a career and getting to grips with the settings/tactics etc.

Due to there being no money around for transfers at all, I tend to scout talented youngsters and use any decent findings from my U18 side. My average age is 23 I think this year, having just released several 'vets'. Looking at the league stats page, the average age of all the clubs in my division is only 22, so I don't think the age criterea comes into play as much.

However, I can't prove one way or the other as my final league positions (12 teams in the division) are: 4th, 3rd, 10th (won playoff), 3rd, 7th.

It is very much worthwhile recruiting a few older players to go with all your youngsters - primarily to tutor but also because their mental attributes (hidden and visible) will tend to be higher, meaning that they will perform more consistently and respond better when you go behind in a match.

Back