can you change AI level?

robisok

Reaction score
Can you change the AI level in football manager 09 (or any of the others) using the editor? so you can lower the difficulty settings. A bit like easy, medium, hard to make the game a little bit easier for people a bit new to the game. So in effect you would be able to pick a tactic and play the game without changing and then just enjoy the other aspects of managing.:)

Nop I'm afraid not.

No, if you want easier game, get Championship manager 2008, simualr to FM, not as good overall but basically you just select your team and you will win more than you loose on it.

but a difficulty level could be useful on FM, we are some serious managers here!!! we want challenges!!!

Thinking about it, the lack of difficulty level has always been lingering at the back of my mind. It is unusual for any sort of game these days not to have a different difficulty level. Having said that, I suppose that was why they brought in attribute masking, no 1st season transfer window, previous experience. I suppose it would be how to make difficulty settings cos if it is too easy then you will just win everything without needing to change tactics or anything. Similarly, if they make them too hard, then you will never win anything and get despondent. Either way could lead to people stopping buying the game

I disagree, I can say that I've become a ******* good player at this with 500hours of game, there's people here with more than thousands hours, a difficult level would just make things better for newcomers, easy. And for hardcore gamers hard, with more things to manage, more difficult games so on. It would adpat to everybody so the game would still be sold.
And anyway, who buys a computer game nowadays?

no, if you want easier game, get championship manager 2008, simualr to fm, not as good overall but basically you just select your team and you will win more than you loose on it.

how can you say that about the enemy?! Are you a spy working for them!? ;) :):)

Thinking about it there really is a easy medium hard difficulty.

Barcelona - Easy [Pointless if you ask me]
Aston Villa - Medium [Hmm maybe if you got sometime to spare]
Basingstoke - Hard [A true challenge worthwhile for dedicated FM players and respect worthy]

I'll translate the original post.
Can i change it so i can sign a team of superstars and win everything in 5 seasons?

If you want to make it easier edit the city attractiveness and club rep. then add value to finnces and budget.

how can you say that about the enemy?! Are you a spy working for them!? ;) :):)

I wouldnt say there the enemy as they are not a threat to football manager. It's like Liverpool fans calling AFC LIverpool the enemy.