Can you edit a player's PA at all?

• Thread starter Thread starter bobosuda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

bobosuda

Reaction score
Basically, it doesn't seem like the one field in the editor called "Potential Ability" is all that decides their actual potential in-game. I've tested this several times, and it doesn't seem to work properly. I changed the PA of a few young players, something like instead of -8 I put 160 or something like that, just to make it a bit less random. The problem is that when I started a new game and got their scout reports, nothing really changed. I even tried just to test it to change the PA of a player from -8 to 199, just to see if I could see any difference at all. I couldn't.

I tested it with Barcelona, using a scout with 20 in judging potential and having very good youth facilities and such, and yet the same player didn't get more than about 3 stars as their potential even when I changed the field in the editor that said "Potential Ability" to 199. I'm just wondering if there is some other field you need to change, or if the ability of players are changeable at all.

I'm bumping this, it would be really nice to know if anyone else have had similar problems, or have found a way around it. I just really enjoy being able to build a team using players from real life, and most of the time the young talents aren't that good in-game (well, they are pretty good, but if I'm aiming to be the best team in the world then having my youth squad filled with -8 isn't going to cut it).

-8 is plenty. You dont need a team full of Messis. If you have one or 2 players with 180-190 ca and a few others around the 150-160 mark its enough to dominate any league. ITs all about filling the team with players who actually suit your style of play.

As regards the PA bit. It does make a difference in the long term. A scout wont give you accurate ratings. A player with 3 stars may end up having 4-4.5 stars if trained and played properly. Dont take your scouts word for potential.

Back