Can you get offered a job right after taking one?

curtis290

Reaction score
I just finished up with the 2014-2015 season with Sporting Lisbon, and I've been fairly succesful there so far. Throughout the season I get a message in my inbox saying "Barcelona worried that Guardiola could leave" about how Pep's contract will expire at the end of the season and they're worried he won't re-sign. It says that I'm the most likely candidate if he doesn't (I looked at the other candidates too and they aren't too good).

Now I'm sure he will re-sign, but there's one thing that could make him leave: the Spanish national team job. Del Bosque still has it but is planning on retiring on August 13th of this year (it's end of May for me), so I'm thinking Pep will re-sign the contract and then in August leave for the Spanish NT. Coaching Barcelona would be awesome, and I'd get the transfer budget to buy my favorite players on my team. I just got an offer though from Valencia. I would prefer Valencia to Sporting, but I would definitely prefer Barca to Valencia. So my question is if I take the Valencia job, is it possible for me to get offered the Barca job? I'm playing the unpatched FM 10 and managers NEVER get fired, and this is the first time I've been offered a good job. What do you guys think?

I am considering getting rid of Del Bosque from the Spanish NT (create a new manager and then retire) and see if Guardiola goes there. I mean, it makes no sense for him to retire mid August since that screws over whichever team has their manager replace him (in this case Barca), as they have little time before the season to find a new manager...but maybe that would be cheating. But in real life, they would already have a successor lined up for Del Bosque. They wouldn't make that decision in August after he retired, they would have already made the decision so the club in question has time to find a new manager. Any advice is appreciated. I don't like cheating but some forms I think are OK, for example, I always re-load my saves until I get the best deal possible when someone tries to buy one of my players (in real life you negotiate these things, when you give them a counter-offer and they don't immediately withdraw their first offer if they don't agree with it).